Well My rig and I have had many good nights together but the time has come for us to part. I need to sell my entire electric setup. I have a Mesa Single Rectifier Solo Head that is two years old and has a brand new set of JJ's in it. In perfect condition, not even a scuff in the Tolex. There is also a Mesa 2x12 3/4 back cab that works perfectly and only has a few minor scratches in the Tolex. And the guitar is a 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60's neck. It is in perfect condition as well minus a bit of belt rash on the back, also has the Gibson USA case with it. If anyone could let me know what a reasonable asking price for all this is I would greatly appreciate it. And does anyone have any experiece selling gear to Guitar Center? Thanks
DO NO SELL GEAR AT A STORE. They rip you off real bad.

I'm sorry to hear you ahve to sell everything, try ebay or craigslist!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Why are you selling it all?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Jinskee
DO NO SELL GEAR AT A STORE. They rip you off real bad.

Yeah, if you love your gear, you wouldn't sell them to Guitar Center. Ebay is probably your best bet in finding higher prices. Sucks that you have to sell all that good stuff though.
Got METAL?

Quote by metacarpi
However, if we're being all grown up about this (in the pit?) walkingonspikes is dead on
Keep the Gibson and just get a small valve amp. I understand about selling the amp, I'm going to Uni this year so I'll have to compromise on some things, but you can still use your guitar in the rooms there.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Aeridos
Time to go to college and I just can't take it with me

No reason to sell, I'd let someone I trust hold onto it
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Well I'm going to a military school so I con really only have an acoustic, so I plan on using the money from this to get a really nice one and maybe a PS3
Don't get a PS3. lol.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
changin a LP for a PS3 and some money?!?!WTF dude?!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
It has come down to having a PS3 and a nice acoustic or a rig sitting at home for 4 years collecting dust. Damn if I didn't sell it I might forget how to play guitar by the time I graduate.
^I agree.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Aeridos
It has come down to having a PS3 and a nice acoustic or a rig sitting at home for 4 years collecting dust. Damn if I didn't sell it I might forget how to play guitar by the time I graduate.

Get a cheap acoustic and keep your gear.
Sell the amp, maybe, but definitely keep the guitar. Just buy a cheap acoustic if you really can't use an electric.
dont sell that...wtf
leave it at your parents house or a friends house
It's not like I can't get another guitar in the future I would just rather have something nice to play while I'm in school instead of a cheap beater acoustic. Because something tells me I won't be playing too many shows where I'm headed.
But why get another good rig later, when you've got a good one now? It just seems kinda silly to waste a great guitar and amp just cos you're going to school.
It seems a bit ridiculous to me to keep my rig at home and never use it. The guitar would sit in it's case in a closet and the amp would stand looming in that same closet for 4 years. I would maybe get to set it up and play it once or twice a year. Now if they were baseball cards and were actually collecting value over the years then I would understand. Also as soon as I graduate I plan on starting a career as an Army Officer and the job wont warrant alot of time to play in a band, so keeping that powerhouse around would just be wasting its potential. I want to keep playing the guitar and progressing in my skills but I don't want to be doing it with a $99 Ibanez. Trust me selling this stuff is really tragic to me as well but honestly it is my best option.
Can't you get away with a Micro Cube or something, you know low volume or even with a set of cans maybe? I'd sell the amp, get a Micro Cube and a PS3 and keep the LP. Just my 2 cents...
I might be able to manage something like that but I want something that sounds really nice
Quote by treagar
Can't you get away with a Micro Cube or something, you know low volume or even with a set of cans maybe? I'd sell the amp, get a Micro Cube and a PS3 and keep the LP. Just my 2 cents...

And quite a good 2 cents it is.
Quote by Aeridos
I might be able to manage something like that but I want something that sounds really nice

Well a Valve Jr and 1x12 cab? You would still be able to keep the Lp and get the Ps3 with the money from the Recto.. And the Vj is a sexy little beast!! My 3 cents
Sell everything except the LP..... you'll have plenty of money for a good acoustic. You pawn off your LP and by the time you get out and want to buy another one you'll pay way more. $1200.00 will get you a really nice acoustic. I've played the $4000.00 Martins and Taylors...... and a $1200.00 one sounds and plays just as good. Maybe not look as good..... but it's kinda like a Classic Les Paul...$1800.00 versus a 68 Reissue Custom $6000.00. Not Really that big of a difference if you're a player.

So don't give em away. Good luck with school.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
How far away is your school from your current house? Which school is it? I have my mark iv half stack with me in my apartment and later moved to a dorm so its here with me now. Its kind of a pain in the ass to move but I leave it here over short breaks. Anything over 2 weeks I cant stand not having it with me haha. If you must, sell the amp and cab and get a small tube amp. Also, PS3 is nice but not worth the price tag in my opinion. My friend has one and although its fun to play, the thing cost about 1k for the system, 2 controllers, and some games. Plus., there r not that many great games out yet for it. Another thing, try not selling your gear at Guitar Center or similar store. They really don't give you a fair deal. With the quality of your gear you can easily sell it locally or on ebay.

^hey jason, nice rig!
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce