Does any one know the best way to rip DVDs and then convert them to .avi (or .mpeg)?

I'm currently using DVD decrypter which converts the DVD to a load of .vob and .iso files, but I tried to convert that to .ava using AutoGK and it took over 40 mins before I gave up.

Anyone have any experience with this?

cheers.
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Sorry I should have mentioned the DVDs are Copy Protected

Basically I want to put my (other ppls) DVDs onto my computer (Nero doesn't seem to allow me to do such thing).
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Nero won't convert to AVI..

But first - Download "DVD Decrypter"

Rip the DVD.

Then use "AutoGK" and import the IFO. file and it will select the movie.

Make sure the audio is sampled at around 128kb/s for bitrate, and also make sure the video codec is XviD.

Now select the file size as (700mb is reccomended) whatever, (no more than 2CD size) and start conversion.

Be prepared to wait from 4-7hours..

You could also burn it straight to DVD if you wanted, although of course you'll need a DVD Re-writer.