I've been playing for a while now, and soloing is my strong point in guitar. I know lots of scales, how to improvise and such, but when it comes to arpeggios is it really necessary for a blues rock guitarist? I can see how they would be helpful for shredding or tapping but other than that arpeggios seem kind of pointless to learn for me. Am I in denial? Thanks in advance
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
If you know a decent amount of theory then you should already know about the arpeggios. Just play the notes of whatever chord you're trying to arpeggiate.
You can use arpeggios in blues/rock guitar as well. Believe me, once you start getting good at some arpeggios you'll find yourself using them.

You might not need to tear through them at 100+ mph like if you were shredding but, it's always good to learn/know
Gear:
Washburn X10
Yamaha EG 112
Crate VTX30
Yamaha GA-10
Alright cool, thanks a lot.
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
Sweeps and arpeggios are 2 seperate things. 7th arpeggios for example can add that jazzy feel. Or you could simple lead into phrases with varios arpeggios. Though actually a scale is just an arpeggio played with every interval. I find that arpeggios widen my options no matter what style I'm playing.
Quest for "the tone": pending.