In your opinion, what is the best guitar ever (acoustic/electric/bass.. w/e), in looks and sound... including which year or era they were the best...

I would have to go with a gibson les paul... i know its an obvious pick, but they set the standard for all electric guitars as they are stylish while having awsome sound, fit for almost any genre of music.
My les paul is '98.. but ive played a couple from the 60's & 70's that have been reconditioned, and they are reaaallyy nice.
id have to say a pre cbs strat... drools uncontrollably
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Ya the pre CBS strats are really nice. I like the newer PRS custom 24's those things are sexadellic.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
The guitar that was built for you by a luthier after talking carefully to him about the sounds and features you want
Quote by TSelman
Gibson Explorer Natural Burst! =)

that is on my "things to buy when i win the lottery" list
not sure if i would trade my les paul for it, but i really want one.

... and what is cbs?, as in "pre cbs strat"
^the cbs corporation. it bought fender
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
a 59 les paul kills all but a 62 strat. strats rule.
Basses:

Original late 50s P bass(not the one with the single coil), sunburst with maple board and lots of wear-vintage vibe

some sort of conklin custom 7/8/11/13 string-all out insanity

Sadowsky/Lakland 5 string-More Practical

Guitars:

Ibanez S prestige
Ibanez RG prestige
59 Les Paul
Wouldn't mind having a fully carved, figured top, Custom Shop Mockingbird either

Its really a matter of preference.