Hello, I'm doing some things to my ukulele, and I'm thinking that a very very non-complex carving in the finish is nice. I have already made a heart, looks like this

My other idea is to have a vine-thing or maybe a rose going on the lower side of the ukulele, what do you think about that?

Please, give me some suggestions! But, no words, and no genitals. thanks!
Last edited by m_hedborg at Feb 25, 2007,
no a bad first customizing. Check some of Corduroy_EW's threads, maybe carve a hole out near where he puts his soundholes. that might change the sound, or might not. can you shred your shit on that bad uke?
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Nah, this isn't my first customizing. I've made a bass go from black to stained mahogny, that's a bit more work. I'm just doing this because I'm bored and I don't want to go to sleep yet.

I was thinking about F-holes too, but it would look weird since i got a sound hole already.
And did I say that it's a bad ukulele? lol, it really is. It costed me around 15 bucks, but whatever. As long as you can tune it...

I will try to do something like this on the back of the uke, what do you guys think?
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49540928/

Without the ballons though....
Back turned out nice to, I'll see if i will add more on it

looks a lot better in person
You can probably use something to stain the carvings as well.... I think that would add a nice touch.

Looks great BTW.
Hai UG!
Quote by L_Z_Nut
You can probably use something to stain the carvings as well.... I think that would add a nice touch.

Looks great BTW.

Thats a cool idea... I got some of the mahogny stain I used on my bass, that would be kinda cool... I will do that when i got some spare time, i hate school.
ukuleles are super pimp, i have a green flying v ukelele that i ultimately want to make electric. I like where your going with the carving, i should have done this with my other ukelele, that i smashed in a talent show.... good times
Nice going with the flying V, they are super hot!
Wouldn't it be a good idea to build a piezo-type pickup, something like this build: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510243&highlight=watch+pickup

I want to make my uke electric to, but just for now the carvings will do

I have done some more carvings this evening, but i got acces to a camera right now. I found some doodle with a little leafes and thingies, it looks alright. I'm thinking of getting rid of the ugly "remo"-logo to and add something there. I have also got som old guitar tuners, will install them tomorrow. The stock ones was really shit.
I was going to try to stain the carvings to, just to see if it looked good, but i forgot the stain at my fathers house. damn..
I really like that back carving. Good job.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I should ask, how deep are the carvings? Are you taking any wood out when carving?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Nope, it's only through the finish, down to the wood. The finish is really thin, and since the thickness of the wood is only a few millimeters, carving in the wood is not an option. And, I have never carved anything before, so i would probably suck if I went deeper.