So im stripping an old hammond tube organ that ive had laying around for a while. I figure ill take the speakers and the leaslie (rotating speaker) and possibly put em in a guitar cab. It would be freakin sweet to have a real rotating speaker in a cab. Im gonna take the volume pedal and put an input and output on it and use it for guitar. Any other useful things i could get off of it? Tubes perhaps?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by m_hedborg
Doesn't old hammond organs have spring reverbs?

Now that u mention it im pretty sure it does.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Why would you strip it
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
^ +1 makes me sad as well.....Damn fine instruments. Is it non funtional or what? How old is it?
Hai UG!
Quote by fronkpies
Why would you strip it

It wont power on. My dad got it for free, had it working for about a week and now it wont power on and its been sitting on our back deck for a few months. Plus we have a fully functioning wurlitzer organ in the living room.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
NOOOOOOO DON'T STRIP IT!!! The "usefullness" you could get out of the parts pale in comparison to having a sweet working Hammond tube organ. Where are you located?
MG Free At Last