is there a huge difference in tone when using a vox wah (v847) then when using a dunlop (original)? i like the tone of my dunlop, im just wondering why everyone says im missing the "vox and fender" magic.
I hear it has better tone, but less sweep?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
I hear it has better tone, but less sweep?

well the thing is i dont get whats so special about vox and fender together. i love my dunlop im just wondering wtf.
Oh well, isn't that really the ultimate blues combo?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Oh well, isn't that really the ultimate blues combo?

dunlop + blues junior? i guess. i use it for metal, but shhhhhhhhhhhh

my metal riffs and solos are blues
Well, I really do suggest you check out vox in a store or something. I heard one before and it sounded awesome.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
my buddy has a vox wah and I have a dunlop. They're both nice, but fairly different. I think the dunlop is more vocal, but it's really just preference. If you're happy with the dunlop, stick with it.
i wasnt impressed with the dunlop at all.. thats actually why i got my Vox.. it has a warmer sound and a much better tone, imo, and the wah is more clear and audible than that of the crybaby
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
i wasnt impressed with the dunlop at all.. thats actually why i got my Vox.. it has a warmer sound and a much better tone, imo, and the wah is more clear and audible than that of the crybaby

well i like the dunlop because warmth = a no no for me. thats why i like the treble. i guess its all opinion.
Then the dunlop should be good for you!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
the vox has great treble too if you set it up right.. i didnt say that right... what i mean was that the vox gets a good clear wah whether you have warmer or treblier settings.. basically i mean its more versatile, IMO. i can get trebly wah with both, but i found i could only get a warm, bassier wah that was rich and clear with the Vox. so i guess if you only want treblier tone, then the crybaby would be fine, but i found ithat if you tend to switch it up between warm and trebly, the vox may suit you better.
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.