I have a Line 6 spider 2 150watt Head with a Line 6 4x12 cabinet. I usually use that but i also have a Line 6 60watt Flextone 2 combo amp that i use for just jamming in my room. Im playing acouple songs with my friends band and he has a Vox 120 watt combo amp, so im going to use my little flextone so it wont look weird with a half stack and a vox combo while we are playing. But he has an effects board for his Vox but i dont have one for my Flextone so i cant change from clean to distortion like he can. I have a effects board for my half stack and i was wondering if i could run my 150watt head into my 60watt combo amp and use my effects board or would the head **** up the flextone 2 amp since the flextone has just one 12 inch speaker and the head was made to be ran into a 4x12 cabinet. Thanks a alot!
If the speaker in the Vox is less than 150 watt, which it probably is, it will be bad for the speaker and probably blow the cone. Also, your amp would be running at the same time that his amp was through that 1 speaker making it like 200 watts running into it. Bad idea. Plus two guitar signals through one speaker is weird. It'll sound like mud.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Who cares what it looks like? I mean seriously sif choose an amp for a gig by what it looks like. Take the head and cab, leave the combo at home.
Quote by RPotts
If the speaker in the Vox is less than 150 watt, which it probably is, it will be bad for the speaker and probably blow the cone. Also, your amp would be running at the same time that his amp was through that 1 speaker making it like 200 watts running into it. Bad idea. Plus two guitar signals through one speaker is weird. It'll sound like mud.

lol he was talking about using his head through his combo not the Vox combo.
Yeah i understand it doesnt matter what it looks like. But the place we are playing isnt huge and i dont want to haul my half stack all the way there if i can play with my combo
Running the output of the head into the input of another amplifier will DESTROY both amplifiers FOR SURE.

DON'T DO IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!

You MAY be able to plug the head into the SPEAKER of your combo amp provided that the Wattage and Ohm-age match up.

If you're unsure then just leave that combo at home for Christ's sake. Who gives a monkeys what it looks like on stage?
Quote by LeaveNoAshes
so im going to use my little flextone so it wont look weird with a half stack and a vox combo while we are playing.

Quote by LeaveNoAshes
Yeah i understand it doesnt matter what it looks like. But the place we are playing isnt huge and i dont want to haul my half stack all the way there if i can play with my combo

I just think if you're going to lug your head and combo then just leave the combo and take the cab. You mentioned you normally use it anyway.
If the ohms match up, and you have th onligatory sockets, plug the preamp out into the line in of the amps you wish to hook up. DO NOT plug into the normal input. The idea here is to bypass all of the stuff and go directly to the speaker.

i'd do the Flextone, as spiders are bad. if you can do this with the flextone into another cab, you should be good.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.