Anyone go through a stage in childhood where you were convinced you were going to be a pro athlete? I did, and my little brother is going through it now. It is pretty funny

Ok, heres the story, my brother, eleven, is failing two classes in school because he doesn't do homework, rather he watches basketball games and shoots baskets into a toy hoop on the wall for hours and hours (it is only a phase, he will be obsessed with baseball by the end of March). My dad is having this big talk with him, about how school is important, and how he has to get good grades because they will affect his whole life, and that he is only going to play basketball for a few years in high school. Things are all well and good, my brother hasn't said anything, and after my dad asks him "What do you have to say?", he responds "Ok dad, I'm PRETTY SURE I'm going to get a basketball scholarship, so I don't need good grades".

my dad got owned.
I know a lot of people where it's actually the parents who think the kids are going to be pro athletes... mostly hockey parents... but yea, the lure of pro athlete stardom is tough to ignore.

I actually am a pro athlete, but not in the glamorous sense... I have my CPGA card, a recognized pro Canadian golfer.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Well at the moment, I'm on the Yorkshire Cricket Board's Pathways to Excellence scheme, which has produced a lot of famous professional cricketers.

I can't imagine I'll turn pro though .
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by Xerothunder
I actually am a pro athlete, but not in the glamorous sense... I have my CPGA card, a recognized pro Canadian golfer.

Quote by CowboyUp

I fail to see the humour in my career.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Yeah, I went through that.

I'm guessing a lot of people here are in the Professional Musician stage

*ponders how many people will retaliate saying how they're going to make it in the music business*