i havent played one, but my guess would be "just a crap guitar with Gibson on it just so people buy it."
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
idk, i don't like the way it looks that much, and i'm not too thrilled with the single coil pickups, i would probably get something else, even though it is pretty cheap
It's gotten almost all positive reviews at the Harmony Central boards.

My advice is that if you want it, go for it.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
I've heard good things. To all those people saying "crap", is that just your opinion with no fact behind it? Because if it is, well then your opinion is kind of useless. See for yourself man. Try it out. personally, I am not a big fan of the look, but it seems alright to me.
i think it looks pretty nice, the old melody maker was overpriced, this ones revised and cheeper, i'd say its pretty solid
Sexy, seriously.

Everyone I know who owns one adores it - cheap, single pickup (the one you linked is the two pup but oh well..)

Great rock/blues machine.
It's a very weird guitar.

It feels cheap, it's really light and feels like a toy. So it really surprised me when I played it and it actually sounded really good. It had no right to sound good.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i think the guitar looks cool... but the only thing bad about it is the stigma of people thinking u want it to be like billie joe armstrong.
Quote by Ryank285
i think the guitar looks cool... but the only thing bad about it is the stigma of people thinking u want it to be like billie joe armstrong.

That's a Les Paul Junior, different guitar mate.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Ryank285

Isn't Armstrong associated with the Junior?
Quote by Kurapica
That's a Les Paul Junior, different guitar mate.

les paul junior's and melody makers look VERY similiar... i thought he was playing a melody maker at first until i saw on a gibson website that its actually a les paul junior. im pretty sure they are still the same guitars, just called by different names. they both were made to accomodate to the tight budgeted folks.
Quote by Ryank285
les paul junior's and melody makers look VERY similiar... i thought he was playing a melody maker at first until i saw on a gibson website that its actually a les paul junior. im pretty sure they are still the same guitars, just called by different names. they both were made to accomodate to the tight budgeted folks.

They are similar, but they are different.

Melody Makers sometimes have a single coil or 2 P90's whereas Juniors always have 1 P90, but the main difference is the headstock shape.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

I've played a melody maker long time ago...that's when I had no clue how to play the guitar -_-.

But it was running through some crappy amp, I would think (if i had any clue what sounded good back then, haha).

It DID feel really cheap, but I have to try it again to actually see if it's suitable for me or not. Personally, I"m not a fan of melody makers at all. (ugh)
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R

Then **** them.

Play what you want, how you want.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
Quote by TimmyPage06
Sexy, seriously.

Everyone I know who owns one adores it - cheap, single pickup (the one you linked is the two pup but oh well..)

Great rock/blues machine.

I concur
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...

Well, I play blues and classic rock style, so I wouldn't think people would be establishing an opinion of me wanting to be billie joe armstrong.

Still haven't found one in my area to try out though. So I might have to go by the opinions of you guys, and what i'm finding is that it's a good guitar.

Thx for the help