post here if youve got a line 6 amp of any kind and talk about it, lovei t or hatei t, i myself have a 150 watt line 6 spider 2, it is perfect for metal and a great combination with my ibanez sa160 and my jackson rr3
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Line 6 30 watt Spider 2. Great preamp for my Peavey VTM 120.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Got one, but I only use it for practice now. It's a Spider II 112, it doesn't sound as good as it did when I was tone deaf, but I can still get alright tone. I use a 6505 now.
Why the **** is this in the Pit...?
Spiders sound too digital, you'll notice it eventually.
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
i hate spiders, i've had one for about a year and a half and i cant stand it, i'm getting my Blues Junior in a few weeks and hopefully i can sell mine.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Man do you realise how much your limiting your tone by playing a Gibson through a Spider? if you like the tone thats cool but seriously, it'd sound sooo much better through a good amp.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I actually like the cleans on on them, kind of nice with some digital chorus and echo, but the distortion is damned ugly sounding.
I have one, it's alright, I got it for free, so I'm not complaining. I don't use the distortion, but I like the built in effects.
got the spider II 112... sounded good 1 year ago when all I saw was the effects...

the only thing I use now is a kinda raw blues sound and then use a grunge pedal for lead/metal/soloing... only channel that sounds good. But thenI have some other things to make it sound like it does...
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Feb 25, 2007,
I have one. its not great, but its not as bad as the "OMG I H4t3 TEH SPYDERZ" bandwagon people make it out to be
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
I like my Spider II 212, purely because the Twang, Blues, and Clean channels are awsome, the rest are "ok". In any case, id say its beter then my previous marshalls ive owned.

The only amp I wish id bought is a sessionette, but they always smell of pub smoke and stale beer.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I have a Line 6 Spider II, it's not the greatest amp in the world, but for the price it'll work for right now. Digital sounding is the exact description of the sound I would give.
I have the Spider II 15 Watt... I bought it for the effects, not realising the clean was the only good sounding channel.. the Metal is ok... Crunch and Insane are bad.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Quote by vicd08
I have the Spider II 15 Watt... I bought it for the effects, not realising the clean was the only good sounding channel.. the Metal is ok... Crunch and Insane are bad.

That one insane channel is pure shit, you can't play anything with it. Well, you can play the intro to Beat It, but nothing else. :/
ha, the insane channel sounds like a demented frog fart

EDIT, the only other thing I willl say about the spiders is if your not careful with your gain and channel volumes, you cant get a nasty suprise changing from channel, and when your leaning over it with your guitar, lots of feedback will follow. Ive got it sussed now though.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
The one I played on, the metal and insane channels sounded exactly the same, really no difference.
i got the 75 watt one. im sorta wishing i didnt cuz for me its either too much distortion or too little like you turn the distortion up and it sounds bad and you turn it down it sounds worse. and it does sound too digital
Member of
The UG Asian Invasion!
Pm night_lights to join the hallowed Asian ranks (Over 2000members)

Darth Maul in the Star Wars universe, PM Zeppelinpage4 to join the Empire, PM Sethmegadefan to join the Rebellion
Quote by CowboyUp
The one I played on, the metal and insane channels sounded exactly the same, really no difference.

I find they do, the only difference is that Insane has "boosted" distortion, but it sounds like ass nonetheless.
I have a Spider 2 212 and for the most part i love it

You're right about one of the Insane channels, it sounds like some kind of...something but definately not a guitar, the other one however is pretty freakin awesome imo
UG's 94th 300 Spartan!!

My Gear:
Hamer Vector
Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider 2 212

Quote by Dirge Humani
I can make my penis hard if I think a lot.

Quote by Hope Sowders
Me: Have you ever used a Ouija board?
Her: Like the things you play on in the ocean? Those boards? Yeah
I have a Spider II 210, and I find it to be a pretty good amp. That one 'insane' channel is useless, but for the most part it's not a bad amp.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by igotabcrich32
Man do you realise how much your limiting your tone by playing a Gibson through a Spider? if you like the tone thats cool but seriously, it'd sound sooo much better through a good amp.

Well he has a Spider III, which believe it or not, sounds pretty nice. I played one at guitar center for like an hour. I would have bought it had I had $400.
OH NOES! My sig is gone.