Page 1 of 2
Great band. 1184 is an excellent album. I've only heard bits and pieces from other albums...recs for a second album?
Quote by madbasslover
you've just received the first official Madbasslover's Seal of Asskickery.

Cas Appreciator #4. PM Skeptopotamus to Appreciate.

Private Donut of the Red VS Blue Club. pm fret13 to join
Likferd is my favorite, followed by 1184. RIP, Valfar...you are missed

I can't believe there wasn't already a thread on Windir!
Wasn't it pneumonia? Or did he freeze to death climbing up to his cabin in the gr1m mountians...?

Something kvlt and frostbitten and oh-so-very black metal, at any rate
Wasn't there some guy who died freezing to death on a bridge in Norway?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
On January 14, 2004, Valfar went out on a walk towards his family's cabin at Fagereggi, but he never arrived. Three days later, authorities found his body at Reppastølen in the Sogndal valley. Valfar had gotten caught in a snow storm and suffered death from hypothermia.

At least he died in the place he loved so much.
Quote by rjk123
Great band. 1184 is an excellent album. I've only heard bits and pieces from other albums...recs for a second album?

Arntor

I got the Windir DVD and it totally kicks ass -Sognametal. It is pretty much Valfar's eulogy and his brother who looks like the incredible hulk with normal melanin does the vocals. ****ing killer with a big diversity of songs. Highly recommended.
1184 is very good. My favorite song from them would have to be Todeswalzer.

R.I.P Valfar
Quote by mydadisjewish
Arntor

I got the Windir DVD and it totally kicks ass -Sognametal. It is pretty much Valfar's eulogy and his brother who looks like the incredible hulk with normal melanin does the vocals. ****ing killer with a big diversity of songs. Highly recommended.

His brother did a F-U-C-K-I-N-G excellent job on Sognametal, there are some videos off of it on youtube.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by mydadisjewish
I'm still in awe that Valfar wrote Arntor at the age of 19 BY HIMSELF! What the ****? Valfar was the epitome of metal prodigy.

I just heard all of Arntor, and wow. More than just a decent band. Windir are obviously overlooked/underrated and at any rate deserve more credit.
I've found Jesus
Artnor Ein Windir is such a good song. So is Dauden

Valfar was walking to his cottage in the mountains when he got caught in a storm and died of hypothermia.

The guy who fell of the Bridge was the dude from Impaled Nazarene and Finntroll.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
1184 owns, Todeswalzer and Heidra being the best tracks.

Still have to check out their other stuff. I'm thinking of going for Likferd, then Arntor.
Quote by Scourge441
1184 owns, Todeswalzer and Heidra being the best tracks.

Still have to check out their other stuff. I'm thinking of going for Likferd, then Arntor.

Their best album IMO, check out Despot and On the Mountain of Goats. They're in english too I believe, which is always a plus .
Dickless.
I used to be big into them. Now I think they sound like a techno band.

Still fun for the occasional listen though. Some of their melodies are pretty awesome.
Quote by WNxScythe
Now I think they sound like a techno band.

I've found Jesus
I listen to this band WAY too much in the winter. I can just never get over how amazing each album is in itself.

Also Valfar has the most black metal death ever.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by Contraband

I'm exaggerating obviously, but you gotta admit, some of the moments on Arntor are fairly tranceish.
One of the greatest bands of all time. They have such epicly epic music.

Fav Songs: Svartesmeden Og Lundamyrstroll
Arntor, Ein Warrior
Dance of Mortal Lust
Black New Age
On the Mountain of Goats
Mørket Sin Fyrste (just found out how amazing this song was)

truely underated.
RIP Val
I own 1184 and Likferd, besides being great musically, they have some nice artwork (mainly the covers).

I really want Arntor as well.
Only just got into these guys today. Exactly the sort of new thing i was looking for! And my word is it awesome.
RIP Valfar. Windir made such ****ing awesome music
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Likferd is the only album I have, but it's really awesome. I've heard some of the older songs on Myspace, and I definitely want to pick up the older albums now.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Page 1 of 2