Learning to sweep pick. i find it very difficult. i dont know what guitarists use when they sweep. I know they use Bar Chords but i dont see what part of it.

for example an E Major Bar chord is

E[---12-----------------------------------
B[---12-----------------------------------
G[--13------------------------------------
D[--14------------------------------------
A[--14----------------------------------
E[--12------------------------------------

What extra notes would i hammer if i were to sweep this?
Think: The E Major chord has the notes E, G#, and B. Find any nearby E, G#, or E and hammer it in if you must.
Cowboy, so your saying in this case for major chords hammer root, 3rd and fifths? OR in general hammer the notes which make the chord?

EDIT: I just realized all bar chords just contain the formulas for the designated group. For ex A Major would contain only the root 3rd and 5th of the A major chord (A, C# E). Am i making sense?
Last edited by Ascendancy1080 at Feb 25, 2007,
Try the

E| 12
B|13
G| 12
D| 14
A| 15
E|

Shape. This example is a C major scale. Root is on the A.
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

yeah i'm learning how to sweep too using GBP's 21 day exercise listed in another thread. i'm using a progression of Bm, D (the full chord for the A string), Em7, G. all of these swept in 10/8 from A to High E back to A. it's been slow as hell but i feel like i'm making progress
What's GBP's 21 day exercise?

I'm working on sweeping at the moment too using a progression through Emaj
E, B, C#m, G#m, A, E, F#m, D#dim
Here's me doing it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qYDEIgVdcP8
Still needs some work i know, but its a really good exercise because it goes through arpeggios starting on different degrees of the chord (not sure if that's the right term or not)

Edit: If anyone would like the tab let me know
Last edited by bigmanwithanaxe at Feb 26, 2007,
hammering on sweeps is most effective on the highest notes. You'd probably want to hammer on the major 3rd of E (since its a major chord) which is G#. Then if you want to do it a little more advanced, you'd probably want to tap the fifth or root of the chord (B or E).

e:----------12-h16-t19-p16-p12----------
B:--------12------------------12--------
G:------13----------------------13------
D:----14--------------------------14----
A:--14------------------------------14--
E:12----------------------------------12
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build