Can somebody tell me how to transfer files from disk C to D?

C is critically full and I cant remember to save my life how to transfer files.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Member #57 of The Weezer Fan Club
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
D is usually your disk drive. Your going to put all your files on CD?

Usually, D is your backup harddrive space... but I don't think you're going to fit very much on that even if you do transfer files there... it's not designed to hold anything more than system settings.
Quote by Guitarjunkie18
D is usually your disk drive. Your going to put all your files on CD?

D can be whatever kind of drive you allocate it, so yes, it can be a hard drive too.

If I'm not mistaken, you could allocate a CD or even a Floppy drive with the C label. and pretty much any letter from A to Z you can allocate to a drive..

Example you could have a floppy drive C and a hard drive A if you wanted to.

as for the original question, dunno!
All this usually speak... nonsense.

If D is a valid drive, with plenty of space, all you have to do is drag them in explorer over to your D drive and then delete from C.

Quote by Guitarjunkie18
Try running you system disk defragment program. It will free up all the unnecessary files.

Not quite, big guy. Defragging just moves, or rather attempts to move all the file fragments together so that they can be accessed quicker. It doesn't really free up space.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
Last edited by rbmason at Feb 25, 2007,
Quote by RockThe40oz
Usually, D is your backup harddrive space... but I don't think you're going to fit very much on that even if you do transfer files there... it's not designed to hold anything more than system settings.

On a "standard" Windows running machine, D is normally the CD drive. Not always, but I find it slightly rare not to be .
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by rbmason
All this usually speak... nonsense.

If D is a valid drive, with plenty of space, all you have to do is drag them in explorer over to your D drive and then delete from C.

Not quite, big guy. Defragging just moves, or rather attempts to move all the file fragments together so that they can be accessed quicker. It doesn't really free up space.

Mine does. haha, it says... something like 68.8% disk used... then it says estimated disk space after cleaning... something like 66.4% (or something like that). Not much, but some.

btw... don't call me "big guy." Your just making yourself sound like an enormous douche.