I've got a Jackson dinky and I don't really play metal anymore, I play classic rock these days. Do you think anyone would be willing to swap a Jackson Dinky for a Epiphone SG?

And who would be getting the better deal? I bought the Jackson for 550 and SG's are roughly 499, are there any higher models of SG's that are better than the G400 in terms of pickups?
G400 should be exactly what you want since your into classic rock.
If not you can always Les Paul.
haha, I will. It's a standard Epiphone SG though.

Well, you should probably just trade in your Dinky and buy an SG. Replace the pups, stock anything usually sucks when it comes to pups.
Yeah I bought my Jackson only cause my friend had a Goth SG and back then (4 months ago) we always were jamming to 36 crazyfists and stuff and I just thought that I'd always play that.

And now I'm into black sabbath, zeppelin, AC/DC, guns n roses etc etc. So a Dinky isn't really seen as one for rock lol.
what makes you think classic rock can't be played on a jackson?

you can play any style of music on any guitar
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
yeah im guessin he means shape, but the js series are built horribly..so itd be a good trade then upgrade pups
Quote by rich2k4
what makes you think classic rock can't be played on a jackson?

you can play any style of music on any guitar

im sure he is talking about in terms of looks.
why is that a concern? if your a good player, then that speaks for itself

you think people won't take you seriously? thats funny
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
I just prefer the SG because it's lighter than this, I only really got this cause it had a trem and it was in my price range, but now its never used and I figure if someone else is in the opposite position with an SG, I could help them out while helping me.