so, after going to a few different guitar stores and trying out a bunch of different guitars, I think im going to go with an epiphone les paul from guitar center. it has an amazing tone and seemed decently set up when i played it. My only problem is its 399$ and, while i could pay that, i'd rather not. I heard sometimes you can talk the people at guitar center down a ways. I was just wondering, does anyone think icould talk them down by 50 or 70 $. If not, what do you think the lowest price i could pay for it is? If it helps, its the guitar center on 14th street in New York City.
Quote by tehREALcaptain
so, after going to a few different guitar stores and trying out a bunch of different guitars, I think im going to go with an epiphone les paul from guitar center. it has an amazing tone and seemed decently set up when i played it. My only problem is its 399$ and, while i could pay that, i'd rather not. I heard sometimes you can talk the people at guitar center down a ways. I was just wondering, does anyone think icould talk them down by 50 or 70 $. If not, what do you think the lowest price i could pay for it is? If it helps, its the guitar center on 14th street in New York City.

usually, i just act really nice to them and just conversate with them about guitars and stuff. when i bought an amp a couple of weeks ago, he cut me a deal without me even asking for one.
Quote by tehREALcaptain

Well, I dunno about $50-70 bucks. Might be asking a bit too much there. But if you don't really want to pay the price, why not search Ebay?
I don't know it's worth a shot. I got $250.00 knocked off of my SG Standard. I all depends on how much room they have to work with.
Quote by fireman464
I don't know it's worth a shot. I got $250.00 knocked off of my SG Standard. I all depends on how much room they have to work with.

$250 off at guitar center? B.S. if u are going to lie, at least make it believable.
Yeah do the math shithead. Cost $1429.00 for the cherry and I paid 1250.00. Okay not exactly $250.00 but close enough. Let me locate the receipt and I'll send it to you to shove up your ass. Don't call someone a liar unless you can prove it. You ****ing asshole.
Quote by fireman464
Yeah do the math shithead. Cost $1429.00 for the cherry and I paid 1250.00. Okay not exactly $250.00 but close enough. Let me locate the receipt and I'll send it to you to shove up your ass. Don't call someone a liar unless you can prove it. You ****ing asshole.

guitar center doesnt knock off the price much on items, sh!t for brains. ive bought amps that they didnt have in the stock room so i would have to get the floor model and they knock off 50-100 bucks at the most. 250 bucks on a guitar? give me a break... unless u were fulfilling his sexual fantasy of having a fireman "putting out his fire".