ok, so i have this "Play like the Guitar Greats" book and i usully just play all the rock, metal, shred type stuff...but then i flipped through and saw some BB King so i played that....and i actually liked playing it.....so then i learned some more and then some Clapton and King (i fogot his name, the other King other than BB king lol) and i liked playing all of that....so anyone got some other blues guitarist i should learn??
UG's HIPPIE
freddie AND albert king
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
best NEW blues player is John Mayer.

his singles = acoustic pop and crappy
his not-singles = fantastic
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I didn't buy Buddy's new CD because John Mayer sings on one track and it sounded way to pop-y...lol! (I might still buy it... Santana is on there as well )

Anyway, Here's something everyone should learn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Zw4W4VT9E

Freddie King's Hide Away. Simple yet severly awsome. I started learning it just the other day...
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
play some Jimmy Reed, Muddy Waters, Elmore James, Buddy Guy, Elvis has some good blues tunes and even some of led zeppelin's blues songs such as Since I've Been Loving You are awesome to play....also Chuck Berry is great
The blues had a child...it was called rock and roll
I'll say Muddy Waters because no one mentioned him yet
EDIT: Someone beat me to it.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
I preach this guy for some reason... But Tab Benoit. He's great. He doesn't use distortion, which is something I like. Another guy would be Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Buddy Guy. Buddy Guy is such an incredible guitarist. Some of Alex Lifesons (Rush) early work, from the first Rush album, is really blues influenced, and really fun to play. Jimi Hendrixs' blues stuff is cool too. Sorry for bringing CR artists into this, but those two are really good and really fun music to jam on.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Page&HammettFan
I preach this guy for some reason... But Tab Benoit. He's great. He doesn't use distortion, which is something I like.

Another guy that has a great clean bluesy tone would be Robert Cray. The guy has amazing chops, an amazing voice and HUGE tone.
Definately check this out.
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
I forgot about him. It's not that I forgot about him, I just haven't heard much of him. Another guy who is really good played on John Mayalls album "Wake Up Call" and his name is Coco Montoya (I think that's how you spell it). The guy is freaking incredible.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Dig through the complete recordings of Robert Johnson.
Clapton did, and he has like a third of his sound right now.
I like it. Terraplane Blues is my favorite.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
kenny wayne shepherd, some (not all)zztop..some jon bucher...some gary moore
Last edited by johncarte at Mar 7, 2007,