I tried Sweet Child O Mine... too fast, well the intro at least. A lot of songs I like use sweeps o_O

My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
You want to sweep or say you can asweep but can't play the intro to sweet child o' mine?? ok..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
If you can't play the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine, you are certainly not ready for sweep picking.
It's fast... are there any other songs I can practice and build up to that at least?
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
^ Build up to Sweet Child O' Mine? Not really, and certainly not any sweep picking songs.
HAH, Look up a nevermore song. That should get your fingers really going.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Yea man, I just remembered that tune in my head. Most sweeps are like 50x faster and more complicated than that.

Do this:
1. Listen to The Wicked End by Avenged Sevenfold (3:19 into the song). Now, that is a fairly simple example of sweeping.
2. Compare that to the intro of Sweet Child O' Mine.
3. Continue to practice Sweet Child O' Mine. Don't worry about sweeping just yet.
Play sweet child o mine like this.

Bar the little E,B,G and D strings on the 11th or 12th fret (depends on tuning) then using your other 3 spare fingers you can play the riff pretty easily.
Quote by yawn
^ No reason why we can't discourage him/her even more

lol

try vai's blue powder. he does some sweeping in that...
If you're playing along to a song, you might want to try speeding down the song.

(Ctrl Shift S?.. for WMP)