Page 1 of 2
Now my dad is thinking on moving to Chicago for his job. I live in Brisbane, Australia. What is Chicago like?? Should I fight this tooth and nail??
man Australia > america but at the same time america<australia soooo umm i dn lol i live in canada

i think i would prefer to live in australia
I really liked it there when I went for a week. There's a lot to do. I was there in July though so I don't know what the winter there is like but I know it isn't pleasant.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

I hear its windy

EDIT: and I'd fight tooth and nail. From what I know about Austrailia I don't think I'd want to move anywhere if I lived there, especially not the middle of America. Come to Massachusettes
Chicago is tight, I live nearby. It's got lots of stuff to do, eat whatever. I like it. If you live in a nice neighborhood, you're fine. I'd say no worries.
Chicago's pretty cool. I live a few hours away. There's worse big cities you could move to in the States, trust me. Lots of music comes out of Chicago. Lots of culture.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I'm from the Chicago area. Is he willing to live in the suburbs, or the actual city?

Chicago is a wonderful place, if you ask me. It's one of the best places in America. You can do a lot of things there, not to mention the great restaurants it has. Plus, you can watch a variety of sports there.

Quote by willymcsilly
man Australia > america but at the same time america<australia soooo umm i dn lol i live in canada

What?
Sent from my iPad.
Yeah, it's kinda of a trade-off. This city has an amazing music scene, wonderful festivals (Lollapalooza) and such, but it tends to be expensive.
Nikolas
Chicago Rocks dude. The only thing that sucks is the weather we're getting right now.
My dad grew up around Chicago. It's a cool place, really. Plus, the pizza is great. Not as good as New York-style, but still good.
He will prolly get a place in the suburbs, I have 2 younger siblings. Money isn't really a problem for my dad, i dont mean to sound conceited. Me on the other hand....
How many people on here are from Chicago??
Quote by willtheworld
He will prolly get a place in the suburbs, I have 2 younger siblings. Money isn't really a problem for my dad, i dont mean to sound conceited. Me on the other hand....
How many people on here are from Chicago??

Well, me being from the suburbs, the people are nice. The schools around where I live have a lot of spirit. The worst thing about Chicago is the highway system. Seriously, there's always construction and a rush hour. But then again, people use trains around here, too.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Holy Katana
My dad grew up around Chicago. It's a cool place, really. Plus, the pizza is great. Not as good as New York-style, but still good.

New York pizza sucks dude. Chicago deep dish owns all!
Well it depends. I dont suggest Moving to the areas around the city, more like the suburbs. I live like an hour or so away in the suburbs and they are pretty nice;Naperville,Bolingbrook(I live there and its pretty cool.)Downers Grove, etc. The city has alot of things to do in the summer though like The Taste of chicago Or going to Navy Pier. Millenium Park is pretty sweet and so is the Sears Tower. I'll see if i can get some more info
yea chicago is one of the much better cities to live in, much better than Ny in my opinion
Ah yes my sister told me just now alot of sucessful bands come from illinois. IDK if that helps though O.o.............
Im from Chicago. Chicago is awesome. It's good to live in the suburbs in a nice neighborhood and not right in the city. But be sure to go downtown every once and a while. It's so fun. Also, you will never get tired of Chicago's pizza. It is the best in the world. The weather is usually ok most of the year but go on vacation in the winter. you would be surprised how hot it can be in the summer and then drop so low in the winter. I live in Orland Park, which is kind of near Naperville. Naperville was actually voted the best town to live in for Illinois.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Chicago is incredible, one of my favorite places on earth. Thats where I want to live, but it depends on where in Chicago. Lots of things to do. Have fun
Say hi to the superfans for me.

Bearsss. Bearsss. Polish Sausage. Bearsss
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Yeah Chicago's a good place. I live like an hour and a half north and I've been through there a few times. Excellent food, good music scene at least to me (Rise Against most notably to moi), and the suburbs have good people. The cold weather will be a factor though if the winters when you are here are anything like this winter. It's a chilly place but the summers are really nice.
never been to chicago, but u come from brisbane! depending on how far away u are from surfers and the gold coast and all that i wouldn't wanna leave. do u still have blonde meter maids wearing hotpants putting coins in all the parking meters???
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Here are some great ones.

1. cellomaster=racist

2. cellomaster=homophobic

3. cellomaster=cunt.

'Nuff said, prick.
Quote by 'Raven'
is it a chihuahua? hide it in your pants and pretend its a boner!!!
http://www.navypier.com/home.html

That was my favorite place there.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Chicagos one of the 3 coolest cities in the US. I wish I lived in Chicago.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Chicago is the best city in America, bar none.

Move to Naperville! then we can chill yo.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by willymcsilly

You embarass the nation.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Its also one of the few where it will be -30 at one point in the year, and 105 in another.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
well i lived there for all my life so depending on the part really, on the southside chicago by ****ing humboldt park is not safe at all, so it all really depends on where, but other than that you better be either a fan of snow or resistant to cold, and no it aint THAT windy.
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Naperville sucks. Dont move to naperville (Unless you wanna buy my house so we can move back to the east coast already). Chicago however, is a lovely city. I absolutely adore going downtown.
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
I used to live there and I think it's amazing. The cultural aspect (go to the art institute), the food (za) and the beauty of the city should win you over.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
dude move to Warrenville, its a town right by naperville. its where i live its sooooo tight. theres like 4 houses for sale like in a 3 block radius of my house. you should move here and then we could jam and its be the shiznit. but honestly, consider warrenville... plus the school here is amazing

and your only 45 minutes from the actual city itself, me and my friends go there all the time. if you move here you'll have no problem makin friends
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
Quote by fenderfreak101
Chicago is the best city in America, bar none.

Move to Naperville! then we can chill yo.

i was just in naperville last weekend. why didn't we chill?
Page 1 of 2