Well I went out to the music store yesterday with my dad, not expecting to get anything, but just to obtain more information of my first bass. I got there and the had two perfect highway one jazzbasses. One was an '05 or '06, in transparent honey. The other was a brand new '07 model, with Badass II, Nitro finish, and all that jazz. I tried both out, and they were both brillient. I don't know how I managed it, but I managed to convince my dad to buy it for me (the black one). The price was 750.00 USD but we got them down to 725 with gig bag.

Long story short I got my birthday gift two months early.

And before ya bitch at me for getting a 750.00 USD bass for my first bass I've been playing gutiar for 3 years andthis bass wil last me for years.

I'll have pictures tomarrow, maybe some sound clips.

PS: Tell me some good books to look up and some fun easy songs to learn.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Hotttttt damn. Lucky. The most Im ever spending on my basses is under 600. But thats awesome.

A fun easy song to learn is Face Down-the redjumpsuit apparatus
Yeah, but that means I won't be getting an amp for a while. I'm using my guitar amp or Amplitube to practice. The thing soudn great, and its so damn verstile.

Oh and I've bought some D'addario strings to replace the crappy strings the shop has one it, and the daddario's do not have the little cloth thingys on them, ya know the things near the headstock and bridge. Is that normal?

No reason to bitch for spending $750 on a first bass. I've always believed that if you are starting out, go with something of quality. It shows you how a bass should sound and feel, and if it's not to your taste, you can sell it for a good enough return. With cheap crap, you get half the sound and feel and can't sell it for much, if at all.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
You have the best combo right there, D'addario & Jazz Bass, thats what I use. Don't worry about the cloth, it doesn't matter too much.
wow, you got $725 worth of awsome for your first bass.

All I can say is I hope ya don't loose interest in it :S
Quote by zekk
Yeah, but that means I won't be getting an amp for a while. I'm using my guitar amp or Amplitube to practice. The thing soudn great, and its so damn verstile.

Oh and I've bought some D'addario strings to replace the crappy strings the shop has one it, and the daddario's do not have the little cloth thingys on them, ya know the things near the headstock and bridge. Is that normal?

If I were you, I would "invest" in the pluging Ampeg SVX, a bass-only plugin made by the guys from IK multimedia.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Just don't end up like that guy who spent tons of money on his first rig in early january, then quit a week later...
Be careful with putting it through the guitar amp though
you dont want those low frequencies sending your amp to hell
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
Quote by musiclover2399
Nice man, also yeah the cloth things on the strings are normal. I plan on my next bass being a highway one jazz in blonde.

Well the thing is is that the strigns are lacking in the cloth on the ends.

Quote by BodaciousZac
Just don't end up like that guy who spent tons of money on his first rig in early january, then quit a week later...
Don' worry, I love playing already, and I've been playing on and off for one show things for a while.

i'm not gonna bitch about a $750 first bass but i am gonna congratulate you for buying an amazing bass and if you ever fancy getting rid of it pm me first please
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
damn. that's a nice first bass.i started on a rental p bass then got a yamaha fretless. its pretty kickass but after saving up for an amp, im going after a jazz.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
The silk ends look nice and all, and they prevent the windings from coming undone, but in most modern facilities, that isn't a problem.
Quote by Cody_Grey102