Page 1 of 2
I've been playing Sonic 3, and I noticed that some of the levels have pretty good music. I took the liberty of figuring out the bass line for the Launch Base level, and it's pretty damn fun to play. Anyone else have experience playing video game music out of boredom, and accidentally being entertained?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
haha ya. good stuff
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
In Mario 3, the level where you go into the clouds, theres a cool little ska song that I jam to some times
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
old sonic music's so awesome. i wanna cover every song in sonic 2.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
I used to play in a metalcore band that covered the Chrono Trigger theme at every show. We also did a lot of Megaman songs. Look into Megaman for some wicked bass lines.
I love Sonic's music. I've thought about learning it, but I haven't really got around to it. I tend to do that a lot. =P
i played the sepheroth them from FF7 on my guitar

theme
co-founder of theressurect pogs club
pm me to join
(\__/)
(='.'=) this bunny also has a god complex
(")_(")

Quote by vBulletin Message
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

remember UG march 8&9, 2007 i was there.
Last edited by NaNazFynst808 at Feb 26, 2007,
The music on the first level of Doom is an all around ggreat song.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by Charlatan_001
Does this really need to be in the bass forum?

Considering I was asking about video game songs that you guys have learned to PLAY on bass, it makes perfect sense.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Trying to play any Zelda song is a guaranteed twenty-thirty minutes of fun, in my opinion.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Sonic Heroes has some straight up pimp basslines.

Video games often have great background music if you pay enough attention oddly enough, I've been known to lose battles and such on account of "That awesome bass riff."
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by Allnightmask22
Trying to play any Zelda song is a guaranteed twenty-thirty minutes of fun, in my opinion.

at my college there was some guy whistling the full version of eponas song and I joined in in harmony...

...Such a nerdy moment.
Quote by Barboom
old sonic music's so awesome. i wanna cover every song in sonic 2.

**** yeah, lets do it! Now!

....it took me 10 years to beat that game
the f zero theme kicks ass

and the super mario bros theme is amazing fun to play
and the slap bass line in the underground levels of mario forgot which game though

to sound mind:

do you know how to play city escape 1 from sonic adventure 2? if so can u tab it for me please cos i fuking love it but cant figure it out
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Feb 26, 2007,
the Mystic Caves theme from sonic the hedgehog 2 is a song id like to play with a band
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
OMG i forgot how good these were.

Does anyone no where you can get a Green hill zone bass tab?
Quote by str84ever
OMG i forgot how good these were.

Does anyone no where you can get a Green hill zone bass tab?

it'd be good practice for both your sonic and bass skills to play up to the level, then try and figure it out yourself
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
kids these days dont know what real gaming is...

and i love the mario theme

and i'm currently trying to learn all the songs from sonic adventure 2

crush 40 ftfw
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
/\ thats because most of us like to have more options than jump and left.

im a gears of war guy, i like to straffe one sucker, head shot another with the shotty, then chainsaw the last two guys so you see all the limbs fly everywhere. cant find that in sonic the hedgehog.
Quote by Mr. T
Quote by crazypeanutman
/\ thats because most of us like to have more options than jump and left.

im a gears of war guy, i like to straffe one sucker, head shot another with the shotty, then chainsaw the last two guys so you see all the limbs fly everywhere. cant find that in sonic the hedgehog.

play gears of war all you want the fact of the matter is that you'd be fuked if you played a real mans game like anything from the snes/megadrive era because it would just be too damn hard for you kiddo.
violence and gore can only cover up a shit game so much

the console monarchy goes as follows

snes/megadrive
|
\/
nintendo wii
|
\/
everything else

anyways back on topic f zero big blue is quite possibly the best music ever to grace a console
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Quote by skater dan0
play gears of war all you want the fact of the matter is that you'd be fuked if you played a real mans game like anything from the snes/megadrive era because it would just be too damn hard for you kiddo.
violence and gore can only cover up a shit game so much

yea cause contra takes so much more skill..............

sounds like your just jealous that you havent gotten a 360
Quote by Mr. T
What about the music to Dynasty Warriors games, in particular DW4? It is mainly hard rock stuff, and is good fun to jam along to while trying to play the game, the bass and drink vodka at the same time.

Alcohol + video games + a good guitarist friend = lots of random fun
Quote by Chimpy101
Alcohol + video games + a good guitarist friend = lots of random fun

that was the basic formula to the Halo soundrack i think
Quote by Mr. T
Quote by crazypeanutman
that was the basic formula to the Halo soundrack i think

Oh shit yeah! Halo 2 had a beast of a soundtrack too...
This reminds me of all those wasted nights being wasted playing video games, in the name of expanding my musical tastes
For those of you into video game music, check out The Advantage. Never have I seen so much musical talent put into video game music re-creation. BTW, if anybody knows where I can find bass tabs for these guys, let me know. 'Til then I'll just keep playing the drum parts.
-PLAIDOCASTER
-Ibanez Iceman Bass (Sunburst)
-Nonack Special Mk. II (Blood Red Mahogany/ Natural Binding)
-Fretless Soundgear (Color Shift Purple/Blue/Red/Orange)
-Pearl Export 5 pc. Drumset (Black)
Quote by crazypeanutman
yea cause contra takes so much more skill..............

sounds like your just jealous that you havent gotten a 360

yeh cos halo is slightly challenging.........

try a real classic like pilot wings or starwing or sonic 2 kiddo

yes i'm extremely jealous that i don't have an xbox 1.5

it's just little ol' me with my little ol' nintendo wii

so fuk you
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Wii owns all. And how has no one mentioned DONKEY KONG.

good point why hasn't donkey kong been mentioned. that was a beast of a game. i could never complete it though and i still can't and it infuriates me to this day

the 2nd was pretty easy imo but i cant get past the last few levels on dk3
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Last edited by skater dan0 at Feb 26, 2007,
^ I beat the 3rd one and the second I think never the first though it was too hard. Damn SNES is old school I remember my sister got one when I was in kindergarten but it came with Donkey Kong 3 so it must have already been out for a little while then too. Wow
the megaman games (namely X, X2 and X3) have some sick basslines (and guitar riffs for that matter)...i learnt every single one i could HAHA
Quote by Confused4930
I've been playing Sonic 3, and I noticed that some of the levels have pretty good music. I took the liberty of figuring out the bass line for the Launch Base level, and it's pretty damn fun to play. Anyone else have experience playing video game music out of boredom, and accidentally being entertained?

i liked the mario underground music
Quote by skater dan0
try a real classic like pilot wings or starwing or sonic 2 kiddo

pilot wings is the easiest game ive ever played, seriously my brother beat it and he's 8. ever played starwing, but if its as easy as pilot wings im not even gonna try. ive beaten sonic 2 all the way through twice, if you looked, you wouldve seen that i posted that i liked the music for it. so your getting into an argument over video games 10 years back being beter than video games today? seriously dude, you need to get laid.
Quote by Mr. T
Quote by crazypeanutman
so your getting into an argument over video games 10 years back being beter than video games today? seriously dude, you need to get laid.

but you're fuelling the arguement....

and we all know that Columns is a real man's game

but yeah, video game music, the old school ones, kick ass.... and then Saliva started writing music for every single game under the bloody sun
Quote by crazypeanutman
pilot wings is the easiest game ive ever played, seriously my brother beat it and he's 8. ever played starwing, but if its as easy as pilot wings im not even gonna try. ive beaten sonic 2 all the way through twice, if you looked, you wouldve seen that i posted that i liked the music for it. so your getting into an argument over video games 10 years back being beter than video games today? seriously dude, you need to get laid.

yes i need to get laid because i think that owning an xbox 1.5 makes people jealous

and you can argue with me all you want but it's been proven many times that old games a far more challenging than new games

and maybe i'm just a bit thick but i always thought that for a game to be good it has to be a challenge

therefore old games are better than new games

and just because you like the music to a game doesn't for one second mean you've beaten it
for example, i love the music to f zero but i havent beaten it

and grow the fuk up man. is "you need to get laid" your answer everytime your proven wrong because if it is you need to get out more
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
Page 1 of 2