I have a song right now I'm writing and the verse is C#m, Bsus4, G#m, A (all notes fit in the E major scale). If I'm going to write a pre-chorus(or bridge) and chorus what chords do you suggest I use and why.

Thanks
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

"It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors." - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by STPilots17 at Feb 25, 2007,
why don't you just use the chords in C# minor sense its the relative minor anyways instead of making it complicated and saying its in G# phrygian? and your verse starts with a C#m too.
I was trying to have that all make sense but yeah what you said makes sense.
"They say rock n' roll is dead well not while I'm alive it ain't" - Liam Gallagher

But what would be some suggestion for stuff like the chorus

A, B, G#, C# B?

the C# and the last B chords together will, depending on how much you 'spread' this, take on the same duration as the first 3 chords

hope that makes sense
if you keep repeating the G#m chord it won't have the right tension as a V chord to resolve to the C#. if that was a G# major instead or G#7, it would resolve nicely back to the C# chord.

i don't really know how to explain it throroghly, but when people write songs in a minor key, they usually raise the 7th scale degree in the V and viiº chords in order to get the right tension.

that would give you (diatonically)

i-iiº-III-iv-V-VI-viiº

instead of

i-iiº-III-iv-v-VI-VII

it is really up to you, but if you play a G# to a C#m and then a G#m to a C#m, you will see that the G# major tends to pull more to the C#m