I just bought the Epiphone SG Special today new from my local guitar center, the only problem is i cant keep the guitar in tune at all, can anybody help?
locking tuners.

Anyway, get new strings, stretch em over and over until they stay in tune. Problem solved.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
how much do locking tuners go for, and could they put them on at the store, im using an electric tuner now, and it says its in tune, but when i play it, it sounds really outta tune
Quote by guard50
how much do locking tuners go for, and could they put them on at the store, im using an electric tuner now, and it says its in tune, but when i play it, it sounds really outta tune

either you dont know how to play a chord right or u have an intonation problem.
its super eazy to put the tuners on ur self! i just did it 2 weeks ago! ill even make a hot 2 do it thingy!just go on ebay and look for a set of groovers thay make some of the best tuners! or get the new planet waves auto trims they are locking!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Put some .10 gauge on it is a great general fix before buying locking tuners.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Eh, maybe you didn't tune it right? I'm guessing this is your first guitar. Or the strings like to go out of tune. Your guitar being what it is, it's got cheap tuners. If you really wanna spend what, $50+ on tuners to put on a special... Eh. Since you also JUST bought the guitar, it could have new strings on it, so throw some huge monster bends (don't break the strings though!) and stretch the strings out, maybe it's just that new string thingy...
I know my guitar likes to detune it self but I'm always throwing huge bends all over the place... And the tuners suck.
Quote by RPGoof
Eh, maybe you didn't tune it right? I'm guessing this is your first guitar. Or the strings like to go out of tune. Your guitar being what it is, it's got cheap tuners. If you really wanna spend what, $50+ on tuners to put on a special... Eh. Since you also JUST bought the guitar, it could have new strings on it, so throw some huge monster bends (don't break the strings though!) and stretch the strings out, maybe it's just that new string thingy...
I know my guitar likes to detune it self but I'm always throwing huge bends all over the place... And the tuners suck.

SG's and such are quite well known for having a tuning stability problem.

Like I say, try heavier gauge strings. I.e, at least .10's and if that doesn't rectifiy it, try putting soft pencil lead in the nut and then finally, locking tuners.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i just started useing 11's, and now my guitar stays in tune for much longer. try that