Page 1 of 3
one of the worst bands of the decade, i really think they stand for everything wrong in music.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I loved their debut but was enormously disappointed by their second album.

x2 The new one was the first cd i went out and bought in aaages and it was nowhere near as good as i thought it would be
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Godzilla1969

Same here.

Anyone else here seen 'em live? I saw 'em at Reading '05 and they were f*cking amazing.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Michelangelo193
Their debut is first for things I've gotta get. I really love Empire though. Why were you so dissapointed?

It's just that I found every song to be underwhelming and mediocre.
Anyone got a tab for the hidden track on the end of Empire?

I think it's called Rick's tune. You know the one, 3 chords (sounds like there's a capo involved somewhere), a tambourine & some clapping.

Chorus is "I don't care, I don't care etc etc"
I have the first labum. It's great in places but boring all the rest. The kind of elecric psychedelica is cool at first but it gets old.
I used to like them, but then they started selling themselves to corporations and such. I swear I've heard a shitload of their songs on commercials.

Plus, I think they're too over-hyped.
Sent from my iPad.
I think they are a good band. I seen them live here in Auckland, New Zealand last year. Frontman Tom Meighan was compelling - very energetic and boy could he dance! In response to the person above, it is not Kasabian's fault that they are over-hyped. Someone will always say a band is over-hyped if a lot of people like them and their music.
#1 member of the Oasis fan club. PM me to join
yeah i also love their first album, but i was sorta dissapointed when i heard shoot the runner. i love some of their songs like cut off and l.s.f. im going to see them live this summer!
Their old stuff straight-up pwnz their new stuff. Except for "Empire," which is pretty deck.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
When I first heard Shoot the Runner, I thought it was a remix of My Sharona.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic

Veruca Salt does a wicked cover of My Sharona.

Just for the record.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by Caustic

I find it very similar to deep purples black night.
i agree 2nd album aint as good as first, only real decent tracks on second are sun rise light flies, shoot the runner and british legion, i liked black wistle the B-side to empire though thats cool
I'm not a massive fan at all, but i've seen them live a few times and have always come away feeling impressed. I saw them play Sheffield Arena and to get 7-8 thousand people up on their feet is always an impressive thing to see.
I think if your in a standard guitar bass vocals drums, I would NOT attempt to play that, you'd need about 4 keyboards, loads of effects on the guitar, effects on the vocals and musicians able to imrovise in a trippy way.

I would suggest you do some kind of climactic thing instead, such as having the drummer playing on the snare and tom going dum dum dum dum dum getting slowly louder, and the same with guitars on palm muting. Just kind of bring it louder and more powerful until you break into the chorus. Well, that's what I'd do.
i like kasabian, i love their second album, bit dissapointed by their debut, had good songs like club foot and Cutt Off, but i hate Club Foot now as it's been on too many film adverts, tv shows, and video games
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Empire (album) is something else entirely from the debut. It's absolutely amazing and doesnt lose momentum at all
I was dissapointed by the second album. I do like Empire (song) and Shoot The Runner but other than that it wasn't good. I love the first album though, it was amazing
Both their albums are feckin awesome. Seen 'em live at V fest 2006, and was simply incredible. It was them or radiohead. Screw Radiohead.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
They're a really great band. Before I really listened to Empire, I thought they were alright, but they're truly amazing when it comes to instrumentation.
Quote by bobjewell87
one of the worst bands of the decade, i really think they stand for everything wrong in music.

Kasabian are one of the best bands of the decade, but more importantly one of the best bands for the future. Their music is an evolution of what has already been built upon in their genre. however, the best band of the decade is Oasis, which could also have the title of best band ever. Oasis is superhuman and anyone they praise is a golden recommendation. Not surprisingly, they recommend Kasabian and that is just one reason to listen to Kasabian. Noel Gallagher himself was blown away by Club Foot, which I was too. Kasabian has a lot of potential and i look forward to great things from them in the future. If they can make anything that comes remotely comes close to Shoot the runner they will sell many many albums. And to finish with the quote, worst music of the decade is rap, so any band in that category would relate to worst band of the decade (though they aren't really bands, but lone people, but it's still the same).
Quote by Jiggy11
Kasabian are one of the best bands of the decade, but more importantly one of the best bands for the future. Their music is an evolution of what has already been built upon in their genre. however, the best band of the decade is Oasis, which could also have the title of best band ever. Oasis is superhuman and anyone they praise is a golden recommendation. Not surprisingly, they recommend Kasabian and that is just one reason to listen to Kasabian. Noel Gallagher himself was blown away by Club Foot, which I was too. Kasabian has a lot of potential and i look forward to great things from them in the future. If they can make anything that comes remotely comes close to Shoot the runner they will sell many many albums. And to finish with the quote, worst music of the decade is rap, so any band in that category would relate to worst band of the decade (though they aren't really bands, but lone people, but it's still the same).

1. Oasis were good in the 90's. Now they're not doing anything special. And what do they got to do with it anyway?

2. Wrong again. Rap can be very good. Not saying 50 Cent & Co. are good, but if you dig a little deeper you will notice there are more than just one good rap group/band out there.
Quote by Jiggy11
Kasabian are one of the best bands of the decade, but more importantly one of the best bands for the future. Their music is an evolution of what has already been built upon in their genre.

There are much more innovative and creative bands around than Kasabian, IMO. How can you say that they are going to be one of the best bands of the future? They are so overrated. I really don't see what they're doing that hasn't been done before.

Quote by Jiggy11
however, the best band of the decade is Oasis, which could also have the title of best band ever. Oasis is superhuman and anyone they praise is a golden recommendation. Not surprisingly, they recommend Kasabian and that is just one reason to listen to Kasabian. Noel Gallagher himself was blown away by Club Foot, which I was too.

OK, Oasis are not the best band ever. I don't really know what you meant by 'best' and I'm not disputing that they are your favourite band. They're just not even close to being one of the most important bands ever.

Also, doing everything that Noel Gallagher tells you to just seems.. a little strange.
to be honest, Oasis will never take best band ever. Much as I like them, they are another band who take loads of influences and do none of them quite as well as each of them played their own style.
Noel Gallagher is a fantastic musician and writer, but Kasabian shouldn't be listened to as a similar band to Oasis, they have the same swagger and persona, but it's a different style. Oasis are stereotypically indie, and Kasabian are a different sound. Even my metalhead (dismissive of anything else) friend likes kasabian.
Kasabian may not be the best band of the decade/future, but few bands really can be.
For me at least they're possibly my favourite to arise in the past ten years, but I'm expecting more artists, doing different things, to come in to view soon.

and doing everything noel gallagher tells you to (as the previous person said) is quite frankly nuts. If he told you to jump off a bridge, would you? worse, if he told you not to listen to blur would you?
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Quote by Godzilla1969

My thought exactly.

First album: FTW win with songs like Processed Beats, Club Foot and LSF

Second album: Laaaaaame with only good songs being Empire and Shoot The Runner- both of which heavily overplayed on Music channels
Simon

You look just your mother...

You look just like your father...

Forgive him our father...

Your Son is smiling...
Quote by Hdap101
to be honest, Oasis will never take best band ever. Much as I like them, they are another band who take loads of influences and do none of them quite as well as each of them played their own style.
Noel Gallagher is a fantastic musician and writer, but Kasabian shouldn't be listened to as a similar band to Oasis, they have the same swagger and persona, but it's a different style. Oasis are stereotypically indie, and Kasabian are a different sound. Even my metalhead (dismissive of anything else) friend likes kasabian.
Kasabian may not be the best band of the decade/future, but few bands really can be.
For me at least they're possibly my favourite to arise in the past ten years, but I'm expecting more artists, doing different things, to come in to view soon.

and doing everything noel gallagher tells you to (as the previous person said) is quite frankly nuts. If he told you to jump off a bridge, would you? worse, if he told you not to listen to blur would you?

I agree totally. I find little similarity between oasis' music and kasabian's, except maybe the vocals.

And I also agree with the last paragraph: to me, oasis are an average and slightly boring band with a few good tunes. Blur are awesome.
^I can't see the resemblance either. But maybe I feel that comparing bands to other bands often ruins it.
Simon

You look just your mother...

You look just like your father...

Forgive him our father...

Your Son is smiling...
I wouldn't buy their first album, or, their second. Truly, they are good musicians and are better than Oasis, in some aspects. They have a better vocalist than Oasis and have more glam-rock style songs, like "Shoot the Runner." However, their forays into electronica are deceiving and oftentimes disappointing. Personally, I like "Shoot the Runner" and "Me Plus One" the most. However, they don't have complete songs, in some cases. This is because some areas of their songs are more focused on electronica. I really prefer their second album, because it has more rock and roll. They are like a new Oasis.
Page 1 of 3