im making a ska video for class, and i need some help:

-what is a good music video to show for the thrid wave punk part of the video? i don't want pop punk ska stuff....

-what is a good two tone video for the two tone era

-what are some good ska-core bands? could i consider leftover crack/choking victim ska-core too?

-what is a good website to download videos for free?

i will post the video up before i turn it in for some critiqing...or however you spell it...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
i can't use youtube cause i got to download the videos....
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

You CAN download from YouTube, it just takes some work. If you're using Firefox, there's an add on that lets you download from YouTube as an FLV file...then you have to convert it to really use it. It's difficult, but it can be useful.
I used a firefox add on called Ook? Video Ook! and it worked sometimes but it was a hassle so I stopped using it.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
what is this add on?

is it too much of a hassle to download like four videos?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

First you have to download the web browser Firefox http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/, and then you can download things called add ons https://addons.mozilla.org/ that let you cutomize your browser. Here is the video one that I used https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2584/ Another cool add on is FoxyTunes which lets you control iTunes or whatever media player you have from a bar at the bottom of your screen.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
VideoDownloader is the name of the addon that works well for downloading from YouTube.
Quote by Zardokk
VideoDownloader is the name of the addon that works well for downloading from YouTube.

I'll have to try that one, I didn't like Ook very much
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by mike2
-what is a good two tone video for the two tone era

I have one on video of a madness gig, i dunno what its called, but it was of a gig at christmas in brighton. but i dont have a clue how to put it on my computer though. anyway, madness's proper music videos are damn good. try baggy trousers, its got a flying saxophone man in it.
Quote by mike2
-what are some good ska-core bands? could i consider leftover crack/choking victim ska-core too?

The Filaments. i think choking victim are more skacore though.
Quote by mike2
-what is a good website to download videos for free?

www.alluc.org
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Choking Victim can definitely be used for Ska-core. And for third-wave, you could use The Suburban Legends' neat little live performances, if you can find a usable video for it (there should be plenty). Their synchronized dancing and all that shit should fit well with third-wave without you having to use Reel Big Fish or anything.

For two-tone, I'd use someone Other than Madness and The Specials, unless you want people who identify with generic 80's or punk (but not necessarily with ska) to recognize them and be confused/object or something.

I dunno about Getting these videos, but you'll certainly have plenty if that firefox addon stuff pans out.
to download videos off of youtube, go to vixy.net. you just type in the URL and it downloads it in like 3 or 4 minutes. its awesome.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE