I have a PODxt and i think it's great. I hook it up to my practice amp and it can get some pretty cool sounds. What I wanted to know though was two things......I would like to be able to switch sounds while i'm playing and I was looking into the floorboards they have. Would it be better to just get the floorboard and just use the unit to get all my sounds or actually get the PODxt live floorboard ? Also since I hook my PODxt up to my small practice amp I wanted to know whether or not I could just hook the PODxt up straight through a cab and play it like that ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
the live is the same unit, just in the floorboard form, so not sure if it's worth it or not. You may be better off just getting a midi controller "if" the bean has a midi interface. That way you could use the footcontroller for other things down the road. As far as playing directly thru a cab, no, you would need a poweramp to power the speakers. The podxt can act as a preamp, but it doesn't have the output to power speakers.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
The pod has no means of amplification - you can't plug it directly into a cab, has to go into a guitar input on an amplifier. If you already have a pod you should just get a midi controller. Virtually all pedal makers make (or made) some. Check ebay for midi foot controller or midi controller or something. The only real advantage of a pod live is the pedal for volume and wah. But getting a controller would be easier I believe.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

yeah, something like that should work. Ideally you want a programmable midi controller, so you can set customize what the buttons are doing on the controller. The podxt already has commands it's looking for to change patches, so you don't reprogram the pod itself.

Quote by Line6
All of the Line 6 products equipped with MIDI inputs and outputs can be controlled by another external MIDI device. Most commonly used are the Voodoo Lab Ground Control and the Behringer FCB 1010.

Since you can not adjust the values on most Line 6 products that receive MIDI information, issues with communication are generally resolved by programming the sending unit correctly.

Basically, the POD only knows that when you send it MIDI MESSAGE "A" it will do ACTION "A". Since this can not be changed in the POD (and most other Line 6 products) you need to make sure that your footcotroller (or other controlling device) is sending MIDI MESSAGE "A"

Please refer to the back of your Line 6 user manual for a list of all MIDI events pertaining to your product.

All of the Line 6 products equipped with MIDI inputs and outputs can be controlled by another external MIDI device. Most commonly used are the Voodoo Lab Ground Control and the Behringer FCB 1010.

For more on MIDI, check out this site:

http://www.midi.org/

http://line6.com/support/servlet/KbServlet/download/94-102-53/midiccchart.pdf
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids