Hey, what's up? I'm trying to increase the size of my pedal board, and I decided to get both a phaser and a flanger, and am having a tough time deciding/finding a good pedal of each type. I want them to be fairly cheap (up to around $80 each) and want them to be fairly flexible, but not have a million knobs. I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING WITH THE NAME DIGITECH ON IT. Please suggest a pedal, along with a description of it's sound, not just say 'omg teh phase 90 iz iz iz the #1!! it rox my sox!' None of that please. Thank you!!

Guns 'N Roses Rules!
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
phaser:
MXR phase 90 = $69

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M101-Phase-90-Pedal?sku=151100

and about the sound thing...go try em out for yourself...that would be best
all you can get here is suggestions of what to try
not the actual sound itself

flanger:
all i can suggest is the boss one
but its $120

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-BF3-Flanger?sku=151423

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The only boss flanger available new is a bass flanger. But you could find the one made for guitar at a pawn shop. I did, and it's cool.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Eh Flanger Hoax.

But it's 300, has a million knobs, and is both flanger and phaser.

I was J/K.

The DOD fx75b is excellent stereo flanging. Mind you, they became digitech, but their pedals are quality made in USA, and is a super sweet flanger. Not anything drastic, but is a sweet, got a Width, Speed, Delay, and Regen knobs. The regen determines how long the flange goes on before it stops flange-ing. Width is kind of like a tone knob, speed is self-explanatory, and delay is like an attack knob, but it also adds a repeat. I can even make it sound like a very warm or very cold Chorus sound.

I don't own a phaser, but maybe the phase 100 by MXR. A DOD would be my choice, as I own 2 of their pedals, both MIA, and i love them (and both were cheap second-hand.)
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I wish I could go to a store to try them out, but all the store near me has is boss and digitech, I hate digitech, and I am leaning towards something more vintage/analog sounding, anyway how is the Phase 100 different than the phase 90, cause the sound clips on musiciansfriend.com can make the worst effect out there sound good. I like the sound of the phase 90, but am looking for something a bit more versatile. Thanks and keep the suggestions coming please!
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
you dont really need more than the phase 90 has to offer
i mean its a phaser...it just does one thing...
its not like a delay that can have multiple functions

id say go with the phase 90
the phase 100 is like twice as much too

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

I've got the Boss Phase Shifter, which I reckon sounds brilliant.
I got it for REALLY cheap though, and it has lots of different functions, which I'm guessing you're not gonna bother with.

Alot of ppl say that the MXR Phase 90 is the way to go, only has the speed knob, and it sounds great. A mate of mine who works at a shop said that he reckons the 90 has a better sound than the 100, but I've never tried the Phase 100.
the boss is really good
i tried it today when i was at gc
but for the budget the threadstarter has
the phase 90 is the way to go probably

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

MXR is the Van Halen phaser, if you want something a little more vintage sounding, you should try the EHX Small Stone.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Okay thanks, I think I've decided on one of the MXRs. I like the tone of that phase a lot, but will see what the phase 100 and the EVH phase can do, in relation to price. I wish the phase 90 had a depth and speed control. To me that's all a phaser needs.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!