Ok so i have a Nady mic and an adapter for the cable so i can plug it into the sound card but im obviously not getting enough juice out of the sound card to power the mic enough to pick anything up. Im tired of the direct out recording on my amp because it lacks the speaker tone which is why i want to record with my mic. So what do i need to make this work? I assuming i need a mixer of some sort but i dont have one and i cant afford one right now. Anyone know how i can jury rig this and get it to work. Rig it through one of my pedals perhaps? Open to all suggestions.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
no you just need a mic pre-amp with like RCA plugs out, or 1/4 inch out and your set.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-TUBE-ULTRAGAIN-MIC100-Preamp?sku=182482

use a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter cord from the box to the computer.
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
You need a preamp to bring the signal up to readable volume.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Alright, thanks guys.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.