Ok, I know all of the mode's all down the neck and all the shapes. I think I know how to use them. Only probablem is, I dont know how to start using them because of chords. I cant just play in A Lydian of a riff in A can I?? It depends on the chords? I always improvise in minor and I have no trouble with chords. If something is in A than I just play A minor and im good. Can I do the same for phryngian and the other modes?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
all that shit is chinese to me, i just play.
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by Archetype00
all that shit is chinese to me, i just play.
yea
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
here's the problem:

modes usually only really matter in modal music. chances are you're playing tonal music. so as long as you try to stay in key, and as long as it sounds good with the chord prog youre playing over, youll be okay. knowing your modes is a good thing, but youll see that you dont really use them all that much.

and the dude before me is a loser, with that mindset