what type of neck finish is best (on fender basses) for yoour hand to easily move up and down the neck?
Satin/unfinished. Hands down.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Fender's satin finish is pretty hard to beat. It may seem a bit strange at first, but once your natural oils set in, the think will play like a dream.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
theres the Satin Polyurethane Finish on most of the basses ive checked and the Gloss Polyurethane Finish on the marcus mill,er geddy lee and stuff. which one is better?
I own both types of finish and love them both. To be honest, I LOVE the look of Gloss, but on a new guitar, it's VERY sticky and is quite hard to slide on. Satin may not look as 'oooohhh' but it feels much better.

Once they wear down and smooth out they should both play great. However, the Satin finish smooths out faster. For aesthetics, I'd go for the gloss.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..