well

I've read most people hate marshall MG's

and i have a 250dfx, got it used

little did i know, when i was taking it apart yesterday, the person who had it before me modded the crap out of it

new speakers, new electronics, etc.etc.

i was at my friends house who has the same model amp last week

and i was wondering why it sounded so bad,
and now i know

maybe marshall mg's do suck,
modded ones dont though

so basically, I'm sorry if i've ever gotten mad at you for raggin on MG's cuz i get it now
...cool
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Well yea, take any amp, but new tubes in it, a new speaker, new caps, etc and it's bound to sound atleast decent. Now take a good amp and do that, then you will immediately sound as good as Clapton. Ha
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

How can you mod it?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
So the bottom line is... the amp you were using isn't, in fact, the amp you thought it was.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by Mein Kampf
No one cares. If you had a choice between a man or a woman as a sexual partner, I'm sure that you would chose the man.

Haha, pwn of the day
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
Quote by RPotts
Well yea, take any amp, but new tubes in it, a new speaker, new caps, etc and it's bound to sound atleast decent. Now take a good amp and do that, then you will immediately sound as good as Clapton. Ha

yes put tubes in a solid state amp ....
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
How can you mod it?

Well since 'mod' just stands for modified, you could do pretty much whatever you want to it. Just like the threadstarter listed. Any thing you change or replace is a modification, aka, mod
Quote by lefty_strat_str
Only buy guitars that have had their wood harvested from the north side of the tree, during the summer solstice, by virgin druids suffering from dwarfism. Next stupid question, please.
Quote by Xerothunder
So the bottom line is... the amp you were using isn't, in fact, the amp you thought it was.

basically

it sounds really good for how much it costs
Quote by Mein Kampf
No one cares. If you had a choice between a man or a woman as a sexual partner, I'm sure that you would chose the man.

actually i don't have that much of a preference as long as they're fun to be around
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
finally someone else who isn't scared to have something to do with as i lay dying in their avatar/name
I don't like as i lay dying
I'de like to know what mods were done to it, have any new traced circuit after he did the mods?

You could make an amp just like it under another name, sell it online and in stores and make millions lol
Quote by garden of grey

But seriously, why would you mod an MG? Sounds illogical to me

Generally, you would mod an amp to make it sound "better" in one's opinion. The same applies for all amps.

Besides, every time someone looks at your amp and says, "Psh... MGs suck." Wouldn't you want to be able to blow them away with not only playing, but how good it sounds?

This is simple logic here, andd yes, I got your attempt at a joke.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Quote by aild2006
finally someone else who isn't scared to have something to do with as i lay dying in their avatar/name

funny story, i was just about to change it a few minutes ago
how exactly do you mod it? how do you get it apart short of smashing it with a bat?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12