does anyone know what's up with that song? my guitar is perfectly in tune but when i play along with the song it sounds really off, yet it doesn't sound like it's off enough to tune up or down half a step or a full step or anything like that, anyone know anything about it?
could be a quarter step off
that happened a bit cause of tape recording... speeding it up or slowing it down a bit to change the tempo or whatnot
lots of pantera songs do that.
I thought the song was in standard.

I don't know, I played it in a band before and played along and ended up fine. Make sure your tabs are accurate? There is a good guitar pro of it somewhere on here if I remember
That happens a lot with some recordings - Quiet Riot's Cum On Feel the Noize and Autograph's Turn Up the Radio come to mind. They're in standard, but tuning to standard will leave you slightly out with the recording. It's shifting tape speeds, like phoenix said.
no
yeah that happened to me with that very song, and I Was Made for Lovin' You by KISS
Same with layla by clapton, it happens to alot of older recordings.
My Youtube Vids

"Be formless... shapeless like water.

If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle.

Water can flow, and it can crash....Be water, my friend..." - Bruce Lee
Yes, it is incredibly annoying. SLY happens to be my favourite Scorpions song and every time I want to play along I have to detune my guitar a quarter step and then play one fret higher as it's a quarter step sharp over standard. Very frustrating.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Mar 1, 2007,
Quote by phoenix_88
could be a quarter step off
that happened a bit cause of tape recording... speeding it up or slowing it down a bit to change the tempo or whatnot
lots of pantera songs do that.

Dimebag intentionally tuned down 1/4 step on some songs.

Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
Dimebag intentionally tuned down 1/4 step on some songs.

Yup, like on 10's.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."