ok, i just started to listen to dream theater, so im just going to put them into here because im not sure on what the genre they play. and i think its metal, and most likely it is:

anyways, have you noticed in Peruvian Skies, near the end, the riff becomes 'Enter Sandman" for a little bit in 7:12? so they took it from mettalica?

thats just something i noticed and felt like sharing.
Quote by bobdylan12
ok, i just started to listen to dream theater, so im just going to put them into here because im not sure on what the genre they play. and i think its metal, and most likely it is:

anyways, have you noticed in Peruvian Skies, near the end, the riff becomes 'Enter Sandman" for a little bit in 7:12? so they took it from mettalica?

thats just something i noticed and felt like sharing.

Not the exact same riff unless you have the live version where they do quote parts of "Have a Cigar" and "Enter Sandman". If you listen to their influences, then in almost any song of theirs you can call out obvious references.
oh, so there already is a DT thread. sorry, i didnt know. even though it says ive been here since Dec '05, ive actually started to be here since today, so yeah.

to MyNameBeMikal: oh, well ive only saw one live show on DVD, but that was a while ago. so, thanks i guess.