hi, i have an Ibanex RG120 (first guitar). I am wondering if there are things i can do to upgrade my guitar besides pickups. can i get necks for it with sharktooth inlays and reversed headstocks? can i get a fixed bridge for it? if i cant do anything like that im just going to buy a Jackson RR3. I have the money i just think it would be kinda cool to make a custom guitar or something of the sort. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
I would suggest getting the nicer guitar, although you can do all of those things, theoretically. I'm not sure if you can find a fixed bridge that will fit in the hole of the vibrato. Pickups, a new neck, new tuners, new nut, pickguard, knobs, pots, jack, etc.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Are their necks that will just bolt right on? or is there a lot of fitting involved with something like that?
Yeh, I'd recommend getting the new guitar
It'll sound better and be better setup etc.

Although, if you can afford to keep your old guitar, by all means continue to customise it.

Also, I think the Ibanez necks are just screwed on (mine is anyway, Ibanez GRX20)
yeah, i think ill go with the RR3, i plan on keeping the Ibanez, mostly because its my first guitar and i hear a lot of people get pissed years later and wish they had kept their first. Thanks for the help.