Well I'm currently looking into a guitar with the floyd rose setup. I had the chance to try it out at the store but only for like 5 seconds but I really liked it, even though I was playing on a peice of crap amp.
My friend, however has a guitar with the floyd rose too. I like the bridge on it, the action is incredible low(which i like) and is parralel to the neck all the way down. I'm not sure how the tremelo arm is, but I never use it on my strat so I don't really care.
The thing with my friends guit ar though, is the place where the neck and head join (not sure what its called, i think its the "nut"). There are these things are are soposed to lock the strings in place so they don't come out of tune. But every time I get there, it is way out. And you can't tune it into dropped D either. So what I'm wondering is, how hard is it to take the "locking nut" (i guess) off and replace it with a regular "nut".
Or is the "locking nut" actually good and maybe my friend is just dumb?
I don't know any thing about floyd rose lol.
Quote by OXXOI777777
Well I'm currently looking into a guitar with the floyd rose setup. I had the chance to try it out at the store but only for like 5 seconds but I really liked it, even though I was playing on a peice of crap amp.
My friend, however has a guitar with the floyd rose too. I like the bridge on it, the action is incredible low(which i like) and is parralel to the neck all the way down. I'm not sure how the tremelo arm is, but I never use it on my strat so I don't really care.
The thing with my friends guit ar though, is the place where the neck and head join (not sure what its called, i think its the "nut"). There are these things are are soposed to lock the strings in place so they don't come out of tune. But every time I get there, it is way out. And you can't tune it into dropped D either. So what I'm wondering is, how hard is it to take the "locking nut" (i guess) off and replace it with a regular "nut".
Or is the "locking nut" actually good and maybe my friend is just dumb?
I don't know any thing about floyd rose lol.

You're going to need a locking nut if you plan on using a floyd rose.
The locking nut should have 3 screws that press the string against it and hold it still there so when you use the trem it dosent stretch the string off the tuning posts, i am guessing your friends is missing the 3 locking screws or hes not tightening them enough. also it is a floating tremolo so you cant just go to drop d, when you lower the e all the others rise (i think)
Yah, you need to have the nut locked when you are using the trem but you take it off when you have to tune it and such.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II