Page 1 of 2
At the end of a New hope. Han and luke got medals but Chewy just stood there like a pet. He was just as much a hero as Han was for comming back.
chewy is like the bassist of the band, strong silent type, who doesnt get recognition and just kinda stands there, same as in the end of school of rock when the only one who didnt solo was the bassist
Cause he's a ******.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Wookies are nothing but rookies.

He deserved no medal for his hairy escapades.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by leftybassdude
chewy is like the bassist of the band, strong silent type, who doesnt get recognition and just kinda stands there, same as in the end of school of rock when the only one who didnt solo was the bassist

Word.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Chewy didn't do much though. Besides, he's brown, so he deserves no merit.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
If Chewy got a medal, he would have no reason to let out the congratulatory sound for his friends, also racism.
leave me alone, please.
wow leftybassdude that is so true, it also reminds me of Spongebob Squarepants where patrick doesn't have any trophies....
Quote by zippidyduda
Damn, you are the only august 06'er I know that has a brain! Congratulations!

Quote by SpedGangster
Ohgosh I have to agree with your sig. you really are the august 06er with a brain!

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
lol

I actually remember stumbling across a site that explained this. Its something like Chewwy was already a member of the rebels and was a decoy to to keep hans solo from clearing of and also keeping hims slightly oblivious to proceedings.

****ed up but there it is.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Quote by leftybassdude

+1
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
because he got the last line of the movie. i dont know about you but i would give my dog a medal if he helped me save the galaxy. poor big guy
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
Quote by leftybassdude

because bass solos aren't cool

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by leftybassdude

In school of rock it's because the bassist probably sucked because he went from CELLO to BASS. Very different instruments. Cello strings are CGDA. No E string.
It's like when bloody Zara Phillips won British Sports Personality of the Year (I'm convinced that was a fix incidently)...her horse didn't get any recognition despite it being the one to do the most work in reality.
because chewey had done some... other stuff... to not earn the medal
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by trueyoungpunk
In school of rock it's because the bassist probably sucked because he went from CELLO to BASS. Very different instruments. Cello strings are CGDA. No E string.

Despite the fact the bassist was a she.

What you got to say to that then?!

Hm?!
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by leftybassdude

She recorded a solo, but she was shy and asked for it not to be put in.

God, I hate to admit I thought that movie was cool.

And yes, it's because chewy is black.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Well yeah, he's black, and he's already got that cool metallic sash...

If you tried to cover his bling with a crappy bronze medal he would've torn of princess leia's head, and that wouldn't have gone so well for the next 2 films...
Quote by tpot06
lol

I actually remember stumbling across a site that explained this. Its something like Chewwy was already a member of the rebels and was a decoy to to keep hans solo from clearing of and also keeping hims slightly oblivious to proceedings.

****ed up but there it is.

That site was most definitely wrong. I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there, I'm a huge star wars geek. Chewy owed a life-debt to Han because a long time ago Han saved Chewbacca from some imperial slavers. Basically, Chewy promised Han that no matter what happened, he would always stay with Han and protect him. So if you look at it that way, Chewy didn't really chose to help the Rebellion (even though his views coincided with the views of the rebellion), he was just there to protect Han.

Plus, he did get the last line of the movie. That's gotta count for something.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by mattreid222
Cos chewwy had a hard'on and couldn't walk up to collect his medal.

Easily the best reply yet.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
where would he even pin the medal...
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
he got the last line
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
the last line was most likely Chewbacca screaming at the fact he didn't get a medal. but because the only person that can understand him is han, and he already got a medal so he thought fuck him
The problem is he'd have to do an acceptance speech if he got a medal, so by not getting one, everyone is spared all the noise.
Quote by .g,n,r.
wow leftybassdude that is so true, it also reminds me of Spongebob Squarepants where patrick doesn't have any trophies....

Dude you just compared possibly one of the greatest movies ever to an extremely immature tv show. You are a disgrace to everyone around you.
My Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Alpine White
Vox AD30VT
Epiphone SG Special - Black
Planet Waves Cables
Levy's Strap
Dunlop .70 Picks
Quote by leftybassdude

Holy sh!t leftybassdude, that was very moving, and true. Fncking STAR WARS, GIVE CHEWEY HIS MEDAL!!!
Quote by #1 synth
WOW, that was probably the best burn i've seen on here, you get +2 respect points wanttobebetter

Quote by Pan-Tallica
^X2 ... Didn't wahappen already warn you for acting like a mod?
Quote by trueyoungpunk

No the bassist sucked because he was a girl.

This was a joke btw.
I'm back, you douchebags.
When I was little my dad told me it was because they gave him a dog biscut instead.
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
Because he helped save yoda and was given the real force...down below. All the wookie ladies love him for it.

Edit:^ Haha, like scooby snack, lol.
Last edited by Partyboy2k05 at Feb 26, 2007,
Quote by leftybassdude

You speak the truth!!!

He didnt get a medal though because he wasn't human. And only humans can recieve a reward from the Rebel Alliance. Out of respect.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Page 1 of 2