I've broken a string just like many others have. My question is, do I change a string (the one i broke) or do I change all the strings (all six?)

Thank you in advance
-Mike
It really just depends on how old the strings are. If they're fairly old and have lost their tone then replace all of them. If the strings are fairly new, for me that's about a month, then just replace the one.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by hammondcheese
they're about 3 months old, guessing thats too long and to change them all?

change them all,

but, if a string breaks 2 or 3 weeks after you changed them, just chenge the broken string
if i break one i usually change them all because i figure that if one breaks that they're getting old and its time to change them anyway
if you're breaking strings once a week or so, just change that string. If it is one or two particular strings, buy those individually(they do sell them that way). Just change all your strings every six weeks or so. If you're flying through strings though, either change brands, or gauge. Don't hit them so hard, turn your amp up. There are plenty of things you can do to solve this problem.
leave me alone, please.
Quote by astrocreep71
if you're breaking strings once a week or so, just change that string. If it is one or two particular strings, buy those individually(they do sell them that way). Just change all your strings every six weeks or so. If you're flying through strings though, either change brands, or gauge. Don't hit them so hard, turn your amp up. There are plenty of things you can do to solve this problem.

Nah, I normally don't break strings at all. One of my friends was playing my guitar and it popped. My youth pastor plays guitar for worship at my church and I've noticed that when he breaks a string (almost every time he plays) he only changes a string (the one he broke). I was just unsure if you change a sting (the one you broke) or you change all the stings (all six.)

I've started taking all the strings off my guitar now and putting new ones on! Thank you all so much for all the advice (to change stings every six weeks, etc) and for taking the time out to help me. I really appreciate it

-Mike
man you dudes are obviously not on a budget. i am already poor as it is, if i changed strings as often as you guys do i think i would have a massive bloody debt with the credit card company.