Page 1 of 2
Ok so this is simple,name a band and a song or album they did that made there true fanbase question them.

Example:GreenDay With American Idiot

I'll Start-Papa Roach,the "Getting Away With Murder" album.
Quote by FriskyDrisky
haha i dunno know. like if i sh*t or fart i know they smell really bad, but I enjoy the smell. Like I'll fart on my hand and then smell my hand. I dont think thats normal though...
Quote by insideac
Avenged Sevenfold, when they ditched screaming on City of Evil. Not that I ever respected them.

haha, I was just gonna say that.

I dunno, not sure I can name another one, my brain is not working too well right now, too damn tired.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
dimmu borgir re doing storm blast. i hate when bands do that! and the last couple albums before that werent as good as the old days either..
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by deadmansdiary
dimmu borgir re doing storm blast. i hate when bands do that! and the last couple albums before that werent as good as the old days either..

I really think they were better. The amount of money they have shows in the high production quality and the epic, full orchestra sounds.
Not my views, but popular ones:

Green Day - Warning / American Idiot
A7X - City of Evil
Blink 182 - Enema of the State / Self-titled
Metallica - Black Album / Load / ReLoad / St. Anger
Incubus / Morning View / Crow Left of the Murder
Offspring / Americana
SoaD / Steal This Album / Mezmerize / Hypnotize
Garbage / BeautifulGarbage
Korn / Follow the Leader
AFI / Sing the Sorrow / Decemberunderground
Slipknot / Volume 3
Weezer / Pinkteron / Green Album / Maladroit / That new one...

Etc...

People are so predictable :-/
Last edited by yawn at Feb 26, 2007,
Even though I wasn't actually alive then, chronologically speaking I'd say Killroy Was Here by Styx.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
axl rose being a total dickhead...

'nuff said
Quote by zippidyduda
Damn, you are the only august 06'er I know that has a brain! Congratulations!

Quote by SpedGangster
Ohgosh I have to agree with your sig. you really are the august 06er with a brain!

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
Underoath-They're Only Chasing Safety, when the only original member was their drummer. And they turned screamo. The shit before that with dallas taylor was the shitt
Quote by insideac
I really think they were better. The amount of money they have shows in the high production quality and the epic, full orchestra sounds.

I suppose alot of people will argue that point. But im a black metal fan and the more fame they gained the less crushing black metal they played.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
That's a good question. I have not lost respect for any artist (even though many could argue thier respective cases). Whether you realize it or not, it takes a ton of balls to put out a shit album. Not that it's shit, it's just that it is different. Most musicians don't have the luck to put an album out. ALL songwriters write shit songs and weed out the bad ones. I'm sure they even play songs they never really liked, but all thier friends did, and they hate it every time they play it. Hey, it gets em laid though. That being said, I'll have to say 'James Taylor-Best of'
leave me alone, please.
sliver - nirvana

they made a whole album just for 3 new songs, that sucks

mezmerize and hypnotyze - SOAD

load - metallica

blink 182 - blink 182 ( i started to hate happy punk just for that album)
^thats true, they are making the music they want to make. props to them. it would be worse if they were making music that they didnt want to make based on their fans. and if the fans dont like it, they dont have to listen to it, which is precisely what im gunna do.
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
RHCP - Stadium Arcadium

About 8 times longer than it should have been. And half of it sounds like my cd player was on repeat.
Children of Bodom AYDY didn't necessarily make me lose respect for them, but it made me mad they didn't have as much keyboards. Fags. They're nothing without Janne overpowering everything.
I usually have no respect for the band to begin with, but along the way they might do something that'll make me rethink my opinion on them. Like All That Remains. I didn't really like This Darkened Heart, but The Fall Of Ideals is a really good album.
Quote by deluxity
sliver - nirvana

they made a whole album just for 3 new songs, that sucks

mezmerize and hypnotyze - SOAD

load - metallica

blink 182 - blink 182 ( i started to hate happy punk just for that album)

lol at the nirvana comment. its called an ep bud!
Quote by Mad Marius
Bush is a good president.

And yes, you HAVE to be drunk to say that with a straight face. And I sure am.

Quote by Garci
Damn, 1.2 billion dollers? Wonder how much that's in dollars
pink floyd- The final cut

Rogers last album with them kinda dumb just him complaining about him never knowing his father and him not letting any1 else do anything on the album. Altho after he left it kinda went alrite again i guess.
The new Dragonforce....i liked them before they got big....--'

Rhapsody when they put on "of Fire" started to suck ass

BB King, riding with the King, i expected new material...

Are you experienced let me down kuz i listened to BAL first then BOG

every APC album after Mer De Noms

10,000 days.....what a piece of SHIT!!!

Every Mana after Donde Jugaran los Niños? except Sueños Liquidos

Cafe Tacvba = Cuarto Caminos wasnt all that great except for Eres and Soy o Estoy?

damn......i got a whole list of Rock en Español stuff that pissed me off...
Quote by FeatherBreeze
10,000 days.....what a piece of SHIT!!!

I disowned Tool for that. I used to be the biggest Toolhead around and now I can't bring myself to listen to them anymore.
really!

opiate is great, undertow is amazing same for Anemia, Lateralus too was great
the Salival CD is ridiculously great....wtf happened?

APC ****ed up Maynard
I'm surprised I haven't seen this one yet....

Deftones- Self Titled.

Though I still liked it,

it seems everyone else

claimed that they had

"sold out."

Lame.
The Cure's self-titled album. I bought it only because I was a long time fan, but I didn't like either song on the album. No one really liked Wild Mood Swings either.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
silverchair
dont know if any of you have had a taste of their new stuff yet but
so very appauling
Quote by CrossIntoTheBlu
SOAD and Hypnotize. Some tracks are good, but most are just gay. Old stuff rocked

i was actuly bout to say that alot of people would say that but i think its made me respect them more.

it was a album focusing on singing and harmonies, ect. defently not what everyone expected but the amount of musicianship in that album is amazing. im personally not a fan of the album but it defently makes me resect them more. pitty there probley not gonna make n e more stuff cos i would of liked to hear some more of there old stuff aswell
Quote by steerpike07
silverchair
so very appauling

As in the stuff from Young Modern? or Diorama? cos Diorama is one of the greatest albums i've heard.

But yeah.... Young Modern... not so cool.
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
Quote by steerpike07
silverchair
so very appauling

Daniel John's constant falsetto makes baby jesus weep
^^ i meant the very latest
and if thats Young Modern then yes
never bothered looking into it since i saw their promo ad on tv.
i dont know what their on
every album theyve released has basically been difference genres everytime
Audioslave - Original Fire

It sounded about as original as anything I can come up with. Didn't like it at all, it's all been downhill since the self titled album.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by gunner_011
wat song is it lol satriani??

Don't disgrace Satriani like that.
Im suprised noone said anything about the foo fighters an that one song that got tons of airplay over he summer........dammit i forgot the song name,you know where he kept talking about confesions an whatnot?
Quote by FriskyDrisky
haha i dunno know. like if i sh*t or fart i know they smell really bad, but I enjoy the smell. Like I'll fart on my hand and then smell my hand. I dont think thats normal though...
Rob_the _useless its Best of You^ What that album is the same as all their other stuff. I lost repect for Metallica with the load era I didnt hate it but I would rather they were still Metallica not hard Country-Metallica. But I dont hate St.Anger In that its Thrash really it is it just was missing solos and the drums were crap if they changed those it would actually be good I see it as them warming up for their come back. I disliked Any korn after Isssues prob cuz there one Guitarist left and he was probably the one making good songs.
Quote by rob_the_useless
Im suprised noone said anything about the foo fighters an that one song that got tons of airplay over he summer........dammit i forgot the song name,you know where he kept talking about confesions an whatnot?

Oh, you mean "Best of You". Yeah, that entire album was a disappointment. It had a couple of good songs though.

Also Soundgarden's "Down from the Upside" probably was a letdown to many for ditching Soundgarden's metal/grunge sound.
The acoustic disk of the Foos latest offering was good, but the electric side was utter gash.
Page 1 of 2