Page 1 of 3
i dont mean to be sexist or anything, but your opinion, can females sing lead in a good harcore band?
Quote by alucardmik
i dont mean to be sexist or anything, but your opinion, can females sing lead in a good harcore band?

I lol'd.
Walls of Jericho, but I think they are teh suxz0rz.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by lou_dog69
hardcore is just emos way of not conforming, creating a whole new set of emos

Please get your head out of you ass, please. Emo is a genre, different than hardcore, though they both branched from punk.
Quote by Embodiment
Although the clean singer chick's voice is annoying this isn't bad. Teeheh look at the scene kids and their hXc band.

Yeah, some of their songs arent too bad. But others... eugh.
Quote by JoshRidesBikes
Please get your head out of you ass, please. Emo is a genre, different than hardcore, though they both branched from punk.

please get your ass out of your sisters pants emo
Quote by LadyHellraiser
i sing metal

not hardcore

METAL

This woman for the win.

Hardcore branched from emo which branched from punk.
Coincidentally, they all suck.
Quote by lou_dog69
please get your ass out of your sisters pants emo

First off, I dont have a sister. And second. Emo? Am I some kind of alien? The last time i checked i was a human being?
Quote by JoshRidesBikes

...you said please twice in the same sentence.

Emo and hardcore are different yes, but..Hardcore *from what I've seen locally* is emo kids playing music poorly (though so is emo)

So in a sense they're one in the same, only one is more irritating than the other, I think.

As for saying they branched from punk. No. Punk is very political. Emo/Hardcore is said to be emotional. If emotions and politics were related Politicians would spontaneously combust.
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
girls are capable of anything. (don't flame with things like "the can't pee standin up, or pull on thier own weiner"). If they want to, they can. Just because their music isn't neccessarily tuned down, doesn't mean it isn't hardcore. It is a state of mind.
leave me alone, please.
Man, I went to a death metal concert once and there was a band with a chick singer (she looked like one of those teeny bopper pop singers, big boobs, blonde hair, tight pink t-shirt, etc etc) but she had the most fucking brutal death growls I'd ever heard...

It was scary

No idea what the band was called. Was so long ago
I didn't have a signature until now.
Quote by astrocreep71
girls are capable of anything. (don't flame with things like "the can't pee standin up, or pull on thier own weiner")

He's right LAWL that's what sex change operations are for!!!
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
I suggest you check out Arch Enemy.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by Vos
Arkona has a female singer and I think they're pretty damn good

I've had that damn intro to Po Siroy Zemle stuck in my head for ages. ****ing ace band, but it's folk metal. Arkona > hardcore. Masha is ****ing awesome.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 26, 2007,
Quote by insideac
...Thats not hardcore >________>

well sorry i'm not perfect!haha
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by Embodiment
I've had that damn intro to Po Siroy Zemle stuck in my head for ages. ****ing ace band, but it's folk metal. Arkona > hardcore. Masha is ****ing awesome.

Yeah Po Siroy Zemle's intro always get stuck in my head along with the "yah aaa" part in Rus Iznachalnaya. And yeah they aren't hardcore (way better) but I figured that a voice like her's is worth mentioning.

Pissing me off cause I can't find their CD's in any local stores and BMG doesn't have them (Go figures..)
Quote by Vos
Yeah Po Siroy Zemle's intro always get stuck in my head along with the "yah aaa" part in Rus Iznachalnaya. And yeah they aren't hardcore (way better) but I figured that a voice like her's is worth mentioning.

Pissing me off cause I can't find their CD's in any local stores and BMG doesn't have them (Go figures..)

I know, music stores suck. They never have anything good (except the BDM patch I found today). Masha is ****ing amazing though. I was watching the live video for Po Siroy Zemle and hell is she good! Her dance are so cute. Makes me wish I could speak Russian.
My friend can but I can't.

Edit: And I'm a guy
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
^To Embodiment

I agree about the music stores. And I take it Masha is her name. That's badass.

I was surprised she is actually damn good looking. I've watched some of their vids on YouTube and she is really good. Wish I could speak Russian too.
Quote by cokesodanotdrug
He's right LAWL that's what sex change operations are for!!!

your weird. im a girl, and i do some pretty badass growls(no modesty here) but not on a regular basis. i scream more. bert mccracken style. *raspy scream* aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

yeah im cool.
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
I suggest you check out Arch Enemy.

<3 Angela Gossow

but ya, Arch Enemy aint hardcore (thank god).
Quote by Embodiment
I know, music stores suck. They never have anything good (except the BDM patch I found today). Masha is ****ing amazing though. I was watching the live video for Po Siroy Zemle and hell is she good! Her dance are so cute. Makes me wish I could speak Russian.

Depends on which music stores... I once was in a music store in Ukraine and I managed to get my hands on Arkona, Dub Buk, and Hate Forest cd`s and Absurd, Temnozor, and Burzum t-shirts.

I also once found Nokturnal Mortum`s Nechrist at HMV in West Edmonton Mall.
Quote by astrocreep71
girls are capable of anything. (don't flame with things like "the can't pee standin up, or pull on thier own weiner"). If they want to, they can. Just because their music isn't neccessarily tuned down, doesn't mean it isn't hardcore. It is a state of mind.

They can't run as fast as men because of their child-bearing hips.
True facts. Said so in National Geographic. Can't argue there.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Ehh...arch enemy?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by LadyHellraiser
i sing metal

not emo hardcore

METAL

both clean and cookie monster.

but theyres a difference, i think that most hardcore is noise, the music i make is melodic
Of course hardcore is noise. Music is noise...
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by cokesodanotdrug

As for saying they branched from punk. No. Punk is very political. Emo/Hardcore is said to be emotional. If emotions and politics were related Politicians would spontaneously combust.

well first off real old-school-hardcore (black flag, minor threat, dead kennedys etc.) was a new form of punk, just bringing it to a new level. it was still a form of punk and lyrics were still alot about politics, just as they are today. and second off all emo baranched out of hardcore, some guys/bands just started writing songs with emotional subjects. and therefore both hardcore and emo is branched out of punk. period.
do your homework.

general topic: it's been said before but Candace Kucsulain from Walls of jericho is a good hardcore singer. not oldschool hardcore though but still good. the singer of Arch enemy is good, not hardcore at all, but so ****ing boring live (yes i have seen them) she has a very boring schedule (?) for her voice. goes something like this:
starts off low and brutal death metal style.
goes up a few pitches untill it cracks up in regular screaming.

this is applied on every sentence she sing/screams. boring in my ears and fun in someone elses. that's just my opinion on her voice LIVE.

and don't come dragging with "ohh your such an emo pussy.." because you have no idea what i am and what i'm not..

Victor
Quote by joel_grieve
dude. you're drunk and queer. bad combination.

My gear:
Ibanez SZ520fm
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS1 (soon to be modded i think)

Bass stuff:
Cort G34
Peavey 112 basic
Quote by LadyHellraiser
i sing metal

not emo hardcore

METAL

both clean and cookie monster.

but theyres a difference, i think that most hardcore is noise, the music i make is melodic

Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Page 1 of 3