Hi, ive just recently purchased some pickup covers to go over my double humbuckers,
they are chrome and will fit just right. now my question is about the covers

how can i paint them that metallica black like emg covers, i want to be sure the paint
is right (prob spray paint but what kind). also if i just use spray paint they will only be black of dark grey in colour, i want a better finnish.

how can i do this, or is there somewhere i could take it and they spray gun it for me,
in a decided colour.

also if i done it by myself how do i remove the paint to do respray.
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
Didn't you already have a thread about this?.. EMG pickup covers are black plastic. Not metallic black.

To answer your question.. Sand them, prime them, spray paint them with car touch up paint in metallic black if that's the colour you want. Look in auto parts shops for it..
^ he said metallica black, ie the kind of black metallica has, which is black plastic... whatever.

anyway do what he said, sand, prime, and paint them but if im right about what ya meant (ie ya want your pickups to look like EMGs) you'll probably want a "matt black"
i done it and they turned out GRRREEEAATTT!!!! exept more sparkly gray than anyother colour. WOW $15AUD for covers and $20 for paint, $35 emg replicas. will post pics soon
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50