I went to some Pyschology place cause my cousleor told me to go. So me any my mom went.
My pyschogologist says i have "Autism"
I read about it but I still dont understand exactly what it is.
I hope im insane or retarded or any of that.

But can someone please explain to me briefly,
and anybody else on UG have it?

It'd be great talking to people who can help me out about this particular disorder.
Well, it's a disorder of the central nervous system. It usually conveys itself in impaired social behavior and interaction and restricted and limited interests and activities.

and I wouldn't worry about it. I know quite a few autistic kids and they're perfectly fine.
Nikolas
Quote by Syd Barret..
I hope im insane or retarded or any of that.

Hope you are, or aren't?

My cousin is autistic... there are a bunch of different symptoms and tendancies which give a person an autistic diagnosis... a very large one is a lack of logical reasoning. Things are very straightforward, and even the slightest logic is exceedingly difficult.

This isn't to say you're incapable of anything, in fact you may have other exceptional qualities, such as a photographic memory or whatnot.

To be honest, it's kind of skeptical that you just found out, usually you're totally unaware, but everyone around you sees it at a young age... the fact alone that you know you have it is curious.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
Quote by ROCK=ZEPPELIN
Well, it's a disorder of the central nervous system. It usually conveys itself in impaired social behavior and interaction and restricted and limited interests and activities.

Go to wikipedia.com for more info.

and I wouldn't worry about it. I know quite a few autistic kids and they're perfectly fine.

Really? Thank God! I thought I was becoming insane or something?

Wow, Im not that social. I can tell you that.
Restricted limited interests?

Hmm.
it all depends on the level and stuff, i actually think i read somewhere most autistics have one particular thing they really excel at, so maybe ur one of them who knows
haha, dude, I got it, I have the lesser known form known as Aspergers Syndrome, it's similar to ADD, but basically I can't handle my emotions very well and can't read body language or anything like that, and then you don't know proper ways to act in public, like you can't control it at all, and then add on top of that all of the ADD type stuff.
Quote by GiantRaven
Yes

but it was odd, we didn't have anything overly important stolen

and among the stolen items: Bananas

Quote by Vantage
Some guy stole one of my pants and the plastic bottles.
Quote by leftybassdude
it all depends on the level and stuff, i actually think i read somewhere most autistics have one particular thing they really excel at, so maybe ur one of them who knows

Maybe, but Im still trying to figure out what Im particulary being ignored by.
My nephew is autistic. There's different levels, just like different levels of retardation. Basically some can be brilliant with numbers, memorization, but not have the thought process for communication or social skills. Some parts of the brain are used in some cases and in other people, it doesn't work. It's basically depends on the person in question. Considering you can talk on UG and seem fairly normal from what we know, it would seem that you have a mild form of it, but you'd have to find out from the doctor.
Dude you probably just have Asperges. Like a mild form of Autism. Usually effects your social skills and have anxiety problems.
::::Soul Prospect::::
♪♫♫♫♪
Yeah, one of the autistic kids I know has some trouble talking to people in my class and seems so shy that it's strange sometimes, but he's an A student and one of the schools best on the swim team.
Nikolas
wasent rain man autistic.... try dropping a box of tooth picks and see if you know how many are on the ground.
you have trouble talking to people and stuff

you might be very smart at things like math and science but you dont understand emotions and you get confused by things like love and stuff

please let me know if im talking about a different disease
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by Isogrifo
haha, dude, I got it, I have the lesser known form known as Aspergers Syndrome, it's similar to ADD, but basically I can't handle my emotions very well and can't read body language or anything like that, and then you don't know proper ways to act in public, like you can't control it at all, and then add on top of that all of the ADD type stuff.

haha i read that as asparagus syndrome

Quote by DeathSlut69
Tell girls about it and they will lay you...

but definately do not come here and brag about it. less we remember the last time that happened....
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
Syd.
i think you are lying.
sorry if you arent, but i have a sneaking suspicion that you are just bullshitting. you've posted bullshit posts in the past, why not now?
the majority of people who think they have aspergers (especially people on the internet who have "undiagnosed" aspergers) are just talking crap, and are trying to find an excuse for why they awkward and have no social skills.

You've posted threads in the past discussing how well written songlyrics are, now excuse me if im wrong, but autistics lack the capacity to understand metaphores and other peoples emotions. this being said, why would you give a damn about, be able to assess analytically or even comprehend song lyrics?

it just seems that this thread smells a little bullshitty
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------