Yea, so, I got this problem. I like Jazz, Blues, Fusion, and it's relatives. The thing is, I'm not really into the "founders" of jazz like John Coltrane or Miles Davis. Don't misunderstand me, those guys and the others the made jazz/blues what it is are great and extremely good, but I just don''t find myself wanting to listen to them unless I just randomly hear them. I do ,however, like some of John McLaughlin's stuff (not Mahavishnu Orchestra though)

This might sound corny or just plain naive, but I really dig the stuff like Silent Hill, Wolf's Rain, and Hellsing (the soundtracks/music) has on it. I know alot of composers for that type of music (Akira Yamaoka, Yoko Kanno) and I was just wondering if anything else like that existed. I mean, these guys only write so much and I just like their style; it's kinda like a meeting between jazz, blues, and alternative. A healthy dose of piano and guitar doesn't hurt either.

So, if any of you know what I'm talking about and could give me come similiar recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.
"...To justify the ways of God to men"
I know what you mean, dazzling compositions full of feeling and sounds which really guides you through a place or feeling. I have it also with games such as zelda or final fantasy. Because you don't have vocals(most of the time) or image to rely on, just sounds and music.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
^ Spot on. I'm a huge fan of video game music, especially Final Fantasy and Castlevania. Uematsu is the man. I love the feeling and atmosphere.

I just wanna know if there is more music in that jazzy kinda sense.
"...To justify the ways of God to men"