im alctually thinking of getting the RX10D myself, although i think im gonna save up for the RR3. the jackson would be great for shredding if your into that. i like the way the jackson looks, and personally i dont like the way explorers look. ive played the jackson, and i really like. i play a lot of metal ans the such so the jackson is best for me. they are a little weird to play sitting at first, but you get used to it, and as with myself you might find it even more comfortable than other guitars. i would say go with the jackson but thats just my opinion, good luck with your choice.
yeah the RX10D would probably bess lower quality i think
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
ive actually just decided that im going to get the RR3. As far as Epiphone goes, half of the things i hear about them are like: 'Just as good as Gibson" and things about how they are so good. The other half is stuff like "Spis suck" and how they arent good. its so hard to get good reviews about guitars, its split down the middle as far as Epiphone goes id say.

Another thing to take into consideration though is the bridge setup. The jackson has a floyd rose, not the easiest to change strings on and get setup right. The Epiphone has a fixed bridge, not too much to mess around with.
"Body Alder with Flame Maple Veneer on Transparent Colors"

check the website, find the guitar and click specs.....its right there
Quote by DDM_Ragnarok
"Body Alder with Flame Maple Veneer on Transparent Colors"

check the website, find the guitar and click specs.....its right there

I don't think we're looking at the same page...

"Basswood body (with flame maple veneer on trans finishes), bolt-on maple neck, compound radius rosewood fingerboard, Duncan Designed™ humbucking pickups, Jackson double-locking tremolo and chrome hardware."
I hate it when an official site sends two contradictory messages like that. I know I should play both first and decide for myself, but that's impossible considering i live like a million miles from a guitar center, and my local place doesn't have either.

I'm leaning more towards the jackson right now. Is the double-locking tremelo good? It's not Floyd Rose... so I don't know. What about the pickups? And would the bolt on neck be quality made? The Epiphone Explorer's neck is set.

Is basswood bad? I know mahogany and alder are quality woods, but is basswood a disadvantage? Which wood is heavier?
dunno about the woods, but if it has the same trem as the DK2M then its good for a jackson trem, mine stays in tune and gives me no drama's, the only lowgrade part to the trem would be the threads on the fine tuners, but otherwise holds tune fine...
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
I wouldn't get the Explorer, from personal experience I absolutely hate the thing. The body was comfortable but the neck was horrible. I like thicker necks, but this was too much. Added to that it was a glossy paint and your hand just sticks to it. Suppose it's all personal preference though, so try them both out.
Basswood isn't a bad wood, I'd consider it one of my favourites. Look at some of the Ibanez RG guitars, they're basswood, they also sound heavy as shit, and great for soloing.
get a pro series dinky, better build quality than the fancy shapes in the pro series...
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M