Why did these guitars get trashed so bad? i know they have different pickups than the menace/gt/voodoo etc, but do they sound THAT Bad, im looking around for a voodoo, but might settle on picking up a gothic because theyre so cheap, and i dont want a menace because that body routing is the gayest thing ive ever seen
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
isn´t the voodoo shit too?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Necronomicon
they look like shit

says the guy with the warlock.
KsE

You know they rock.
Quote by de.sandman
says the guy with the warlock.

pwnd

Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by Shred_From_Hell
I thought epiphone made the gothic models, not gibson.

There is/was a Gibson Goth Studio.

The couple that I played were fine *shrug*.

Nothing to write home about.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
nah the voodoo kicks ass, but thanks for turning this into a pointless thread
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
Quote by de.sandman
thank you, sir.

warlocks and pretty much any other guitar looks better than those
Quote by natel0083
^Says the guy who plays a warlock AND listens to A7X.

oh! pwnd again!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
oh! pwnd again!

so you're sticking up for a gibson goth model while bashing me because I like Warlocks and have my own taste in music. In case you didn't realize the goth models cater to the same market as bc rich. There's this thing people have in the world called free expression and the right to choose. I hope you're not German. Get over the name, Gibson does not always = good. Either way its not what you play, its how you play it and it'd be damn funny to try and see you beat me at that.
Quote by Necronomicon
and have my own taste in music

own taste of music? more the taste of music of 50,000,000 14-year old emos haha

ok, enough off topic, but i have to admit, that I am not a big fan of the gibson either...i didn't like the sound....
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
I have the Gibson Gothic Guitar, The bridge is replaced with a Seymour Duncan Invader SH8.
Sounds pretty good to me. Only problem is it's REALLY heavy.
they defienently ruined the menace with the routing thing, i remember when they were first anounced they had pics and there were no routings and now look , but I would definently look for a voodoo, they look, cool, have a sweet name, and will eventully be worth alot because of the fact there disconntunued and weren't around a long time
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Quote by Necronomicon
so you're sticking up for a gibson goth model while bashing me because I like Warlocks and have my own taste in music. In case you didn't realize the goth models cater to the same market as bc rich. There's this thing people have in the world called free expression and the right to choose. I hope you're not German. Get over the name, Gibson does not always = good. Either way its not what you play, its how you play it and it'd be damn funny to try and see you beat me at that.

exactly. and you saying 'they look like shit' to someone who just wants to know the pros and cons is exactly for what purpose?

why make a dumb comment like that in the first place? i could say warlocks look like shit but i like playing them when i played a friends one. they may not be quite a looker but with swaps and tweaks it'll be decent sounding. give comments backed by some facts or experience then we'll take you seriously. free expression, someone else might like how the goths and voodoos look like. pfffft. dumb kids.

now back to the thread.

to the threadstarter. ive tried the goth before. they're alright actuay. not THAT bad. me being a les paul man, i didnt mind the weight or size or anything to do with the body. pickups arent the greatest though, on the one i played t'was weak. didnt have enough punch in em. that would be the only thing id complain about em. but a swap would fix that no problem. i like the XII inlay on the epi though. real cool if ya ask me.

never tried a voodoo before. cant help there
KsE

You know they rock.
....oh pwned!^
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by de.sandman
exactly. and you saying 'they look like shit' to someone who just wants to know the pros and cons is exactly for what purpose?

why make a dumb comment like that in the first place? i could say warlocks look like shit but i like playing them when i played a friends one. they may not be quite a looker but with swaps and tweaks it'll be decent sounding. give comments backed by some facts or experience then we'll take you seriously. free expression, someone else might like how the goths and voodoos look like. pfffft. dumb kids.

Good point. But, he expressed his opinion and bashed a guitar that nobody in this thread owns. You attacked him directly, by bashing his guitar and his musical preference. That was uncalled for. Pfft. Dumb elitists.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
OMG! Everyone's getting pwned everywhere!

Well, personally, I haven't played it, but from a visual stand-point....they're just not les pauls, I'm afraid.

Never heard about quality though, that's the key.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Good point. But, he expressed his opinion and bashed a guitar that nobody in this thread owns. You attacked him directly, by bashing his guitar and his musical preference. That was uncalled for. Pfft. Dumb elitists.

thats where you're wrong my friend(?), i bashed his statement through his guitar. he was basing his statement on nothing productive or helpful. whilst i justified i had nothing big against a warlock, and i backed my comment about the LP Goth WITH experience.
KsE

You know they rock.
rofl well thanks if nothing else its been entertaining, i think ill pick up the gothic, i like a good heavy guitar, and if all else fails ill track down some vintage dirty fingers.
Quote by bluesychris
because the gothic is considerably cheaper
Quote by bluesychris
but by quality id definately take the standard. plus, it looks alot cooler too.
KsE

You know they rock.