Spicy

My words are losing relevancy. I turn short stories into screenplays because the American public needs imagery. I lose interest, contrast, and comparisons. Painting monochrome pictures on canvas. {Not truly that effective}. I didn’t paint, I wrote about me painting and hoped that would create a picture {It doesn’t} I’ve lost the people. People want pictures and I’ve never been able to draw. What does that make me a failure, or a loss of life? So I talk. I persuade people to change their views because of the loss of an education. You have an opinion and I change that to mine. Throwing oil companies, political terms, and ethnic backgrounds you have no opinion on. You lose, relevant or not. I’m not right, I’m wrong, but I prove your wrong so that makes me right. I sweat. Making you feel that pressure until you break and lose your free speech cause you really don’t know what to say. I’m the anti-republic. I’m the lobbyist twelve year old who has an opinion on the way Mrs. DuPhree teaches her class. She’s losing enthusiasm and needs the flask. I feed on indecision. {Spicy}. Volume, more volume, bass. Creaking doors and clattering chains. I record the conversation and you watch the tape roll, it’s the only thing you’re really completely aware of. {I attack}. I watched discovery when I was eight and learned of predation and the will to survive, survival of the fittest. I incorporate that into every day life. I’m the legal murderer who gives you the new stack on life. Your life is a loss, and I just made them more evident. Spicy.
Last edited by TrigFunction at Feb 26, 2007,
Pretty cool, I assume you're talking about like politicians and lawyers and stuff, the "vampires of society"? Umm, so I've been sitting here for a couple minutes, cant really think of anything to say... keep on truckin on!
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
I like this, it sort of reminds me of Zach de la Rocha's style of lyrics, probably because it seems to be angry at governmental figures.
I liked it definitely got me thinking...
you started off pretty strong, but to me it just felt like you didn't keep it up
Boo!
It's good. You ever seen Thank You for Smoking? A few lines reminded me of that movie. The beginning is definitely an apt description of the current situation of poetry. I don't think I could really critique something like this, so good job. I liked it a lot.
Actually now that I think about it, it'd be way improved if you'd remove the bracketed parts. They don't really add anything and make it feel more immature than it should.
the last to bracketed parts Spicy and I attack, I feel weren't necessary but all the others are good, so yeah maybe think about that, or rephrase those last two, I feel they were wayy too short, I dunno that's just my opinion.
Quote by dann_blood
Stars are Blind - Paris Hilton. I heard that and set me off on a destructive rampage for weeks.

Quote by FearTheD
i want him to ride his magical roll of USPS stickers to Valhalla
Well, it's good. A little raw though. The brackets are useless since I expected you to actually give directions as if it was really a screenplay and was disappointed. The part when you said you "talk" felt awkward since you are actually writing. I know what you meant though, so it still works in a way.

I think you should also put something more into the structure. I know you were going for the stream of consciousness but I still think you can work on it a bit more.

"everyday life", not "every day"

Carmel
This is not a pipe
The whole painting bit seemed cliche but was interesting enough to make me finish reading. If you take out the brackets, you should leave what's inside them. The only part I would take out is the last time you say spicy. I also think indecision would taste pretty bland. Overall, really interesting work.
mmmk as for the actuall piece (sorry I wasn't thinking straight I was doing something else while criting which I don't usually do). I really enjoyed it, just the whole thing just got me going so to speak. I found it to be very inspiring if you want me to be completely honest with you.

I love the opening:

My words are losing relevancy. I turn short stories into screenplays because the American public needs imagery. I lose interest, contrast, and comparisons. Painting monochrome pictures on canvas. {Not truly that effective}. I didn’t paint, I wrote about me painting and hoped that would create a picture {It doesn’t} I’ve lost the people. People want pictures and I’ve never been able to draw. What does that make me a failure, or a loss of life?

I don't have a clue what it is about it, but it just made me shudder, like in a good way. It actually painted a picture which is slightly ironic because in this sextion you said

"I didn't paint, I wrote about me painting and hoped that would create a picture (It doesn't)"

and i like that

Great song definetely I really loved it, I just was busy while criting so yeah sorry.
Quote by dann_blood
Stars are Blind - Paris Hilton. I heard that and set me off on a destructive rampage for weeks.

Quote by FearTheD
i want him to ride his magical roll of USPS stickers to Valhalla