yeah i need a bass solo this time, not really a song unless it has heaps of bass soloish stuff

about intermedite or beginner to intermedite

"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
coffee shop is a good one
by rhcp
and then theres Bassicly/NIB- by black sabbath
those to are songs with lots of bass soloish stuff
also there the awakening by claypool
and anesthisa- pulling teeth bad metallica
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
its not a solo but the bass for hysteria by muse is pretty cool, especially the main part.
theres plenty of tabs for it on this site and its not too hard.

the bass solo in maxwell murder by rancid is awsome, its hard but it gives ya something to aim for.
the start of journey to the end by rancid is good and not hard.
Yes - Heart of the sunrise.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
^ Kuru is hardly a bass solo.

I always recommend Love Thang by Stu Hamm because i think it's a great solo, easily impresses and uses chords. sounds even better when you use Chorus like Stu does. tabs in the stu hamm site
my generation by the who, thats a cool bass solo and club foot by kasabian has a solo thats pretty easy, and it sounds good.
how about constructing your own bass solo? Much more satisfying, and will get you more noticed by other bassists. By writing your own bass solo, you are giving yourself writing experience, and you'll be able to understand your limitations better, and be able to work on smashing those limitations to pieces.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
how about constructing your own bass solo? Much more satisfying, and will get you more noticed by other bassists. By writing your own bass solo, you are giving yourself writing experience, and you'll be able to understand your limitations better, and be able to work on smashing those limitations to pieces.

i have been doodling on bass solos

but this is for a school exam and i would prefer not to
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Love Thang by Stu Hamm

can u pls post a link to this, i can't find it. Is it on that official unofficial site of his?
Cheers
Quote by myself101
i have been doodling on bass solos

but this is for a school exam and i would prefer not to

ah, ok... wouldn't have suggested that if you mentioned the situation although I would have said it at some point anyway.... if you have the time to sit down and work it through, and are competent at two handed tapping (playing a bassline and a melody line at the same time), try As My Guitar Gently Weeps. I've started it, and it works out quite well, if you have the co-ordination. You can also play a slightly souped up bass version of the intro to Master of Puppets, up around the higher frets on the higher strings. Detune half a step, and use the artificial harmonic on the 21st fret... here's the example:

Gb---------<21>---------12-12h14h12---10
Db----------------<21>-------------------------
Ab-----------------------------------------------
Eb-----0-----------------------------------------

When I get it written down, I'll post it here if you want, I've nearly fii#nished transposing it on Guitar Pro (again... accidentally deleted it before)
jaco´s blackbird!
between 2:49 and 3:something
i though i was kuru but its blackbird lol
AbsentMind
How about Mr Big by Free.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/f/free/mr_big_btab.htm

Although the bassline is quite sparse during the verse and chorus, it beautifully underpins the guitar line. For a school piece it shows how bass can be used sparingly to be effective, and also makes good use of chords. Finally, it lets rip into a lovely solo at the end (which lastes just shy of two minutes).

As the song lasts about 6 minutes in total, you could perform an abridged version spanning one verse, one chorus and then going into the solo. If you're performing alongside the song, then you could always just start at the beginning of the second verse.
Its High Time For A Walk On The Real Side, Lets Admit The Bastard's Beat Us!
forget all of those no offense n do "anethesia" by cliff burton(r.i.p.)
the best solo prolly,if u can play this with your fingers dude ur pro hahah
wow, this forum really needs to broaden it's horizons a bit.... every time a bass solo thread comes up, it's all the same stuff being said. It's a bit sad really, how everyone just seems to fixate on Anaesthesia and PoT... they're good, but there ARE other bass solos, you know?

There's Solar Groove by John Myung, Charlotte's Song by Stu Hamm, Merciless by Billy Sheehan.... I could list many, many more.... try and be more thoughtful when giving other people names of bass solos, try to think of something not as well known, but equally as awesome. We don't really want everyone on here to play only Anaesthesia and PoT do we?

And Anaesthesia is not the best bass solo by FAR.
victors solo on sinister minister is pretty cool, but the whole song isnt a solo
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
^Along the same line as these people, it might be an idea to transpose a well known song and arrange it as a bass solo. Doesn't necessarily have to be a guitar solo.

In fact, one song that I quite enjoy playing as a bass solo is "In The Mood" by the Glenn Miller Orchestra. As a performance piece it again shows a variety of skills. It uses chords, and arpeggios, which are more commonly associated with pieces played on guitar or piano. It's built very strongly around two phrases, with some slight variations, and there is a very nice solo.
Its High Time For A Walk On The Real Side, Lets Admit The Bastard's Beat Us!