....And Scorcese finally got an Oscar. Thought it would be more of an event, but he was modest and didn't seem to care. A true rebel.

Other than that, Oscars were just kinda....blah. None of the four acting categories were interesting at all.

Thoughts?
Poor advice.
scorcese deserves it, the Departed is one of the best movies I've ever seen
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
why the **** would you waste your life with the oscars?
or any awards show for that matter?

the only things that matter are on MTV!!!

CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!?

crowd:AMEN!!!!
i said, CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?!?!
crowd: AMEN!!!!!
from the top left: PREACH NIGGA, PREACH!!!!
from the bottom right: HELL YES MTV!!!

chant with me, brothers, CHANT: MTV >>>>> EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!
crowd: MTV >>>>> EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!! MTV >>>>> EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!! MTV >>>>> EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!! MTV >>>>> EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!! MTV >>>>> EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!

^^^^^see, i get the crowd goin like nobodys business
Last edited by FeatherBreeze at Feb 26, 2007,
I've hardly even seen any new movies this past year...

And, yeah. Didn't watch the Oscars at all.
Did that guy from the King of Scotland win?

I didn't see the movie, but I heard he was great.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Didn't watch/care.

My exact thoughts
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
scorcese deserves it, the Departed is one of the best movies I've ever seen

****in right
man.....fuck you guys
i always felt bad after watching a scorcese film and thinking "he just doesn't get the credit he deserves..." now i can die happy.
I will fuc
LOVED The Departed! glad to see it winning best movie.
not to mention best director.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Didn't watch/care.

Same, though it's a good thing that Scorsese finally got his Oscar...apparently he deserved it all along.

But I've never seen any of his films
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I'm disappointed Marky Mark didn't win best supporting, and a little disappointed for Peter O'Toole for losing another one. A bit suprised Departed won Best, but it was really ****ing good.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
dude, fuck jennifer hudson.
official member of the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement.
Quote by tossup

Okay..?
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
i really liked the movie blood diamond.

doesn't have to do with anything but wow great movie
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
I'm amazed that Children of Men wasn't awarded. It's one of the best science-fiction movies in history. It should get an Oscar for fantastic long scene near the end of a movie alone. The Departed is so overrated, how can a remake of really good movie be awarded for adapted screenplay, it's just a rip-off ;/
This is not a signature.
Quote by miscz
I'm amazed that Children of Men wasn't awarded. It's one of the best science-fiction movies in history. It should get an Oscar for fantastic long scene near the end of a movie alone. The Departed is so overrated, how can a remake of really good movie be awarded for adapted screenplay, it's just a rip-off ;/

The Departed wasn't just an adaptation, it was a re-imagining. They completely transformed that movie. Who would've thought to bring a sleek Japanese action movie and take it to Boston, with Irish mobsters?

That's what a real adaptation is to me. To completely fuck around with the material you're working with (like Quentin did with Jackie Brown).
Poor advice.
The Departed wasn't just an adaptation, it was a re-imagining. They completely transformed that movie. Who would've thought to bring a sleek Japanese action movie and take it to Boston, with Irish mobsters?

That's what a real adaptation is to me. To completely fuck around with the material you're working with (like Quentin did with Jackie Brown).
It was chinese production, there was very little action. I think Scorcese shouldn't be awarded for making a movie out of movie. I know there's more stuff changed than scenery but basic idea was the same. It's not that it was bad, it just wasn't very original work and there were better competitors.
This is not a signature.
^It's not like he wrote the script either way, though. The direction was his own, even if it was a reworking of a movie that had been made before.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by tossup

No kidding!

What ****ing fat, worthless cow. "hey lets put this loser from American Idol in a movie?" "Okay!" As if that's not bad enough they go "Hey, lets give this chick with no acting experience and nothing remarkable under her belt, WHICH IS HUGE BY THE WAY, the greatest award for acting!" "Oh yea grand idea!"

****. That.

The two nominees from Babel should have won. They were both remarkable. Especially the Japanese deaf mute, that was an amazing role. Also, Kate Blanchett, c'mon. She's amazing, and was 100 times better than that horrid fat girl.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Quote by Nelsean
Did that guy from the King of Scotland win?

I didn't see the movie, but I heard he was great.

Yup Forest Whitaker won and he was all teary

I was delighted Scorcese won (seven Nominations too late)
Quote by LilVikingboy
No kidding!

What ****ing fat, worthless cow. "hey lets put this loser from American Idol in a movie?" "Okay!" As if that's not bad enough they go "Hey, lets give this chick with no acting experience and nothing remarkable under her belt, WHICH IS HUGE BY THE WAY, the greatest award for acting!" "Oh yea grand idea!"

****. That.

The two nominees from Babel should have won. They were both remarkable. Especially the Japanese deaf mute, that was an amazing role. Also, Kate Blanchett, c'mon. She's amazing, and was 100 times better than that horrid fat girl.

Cate Blanchett is my favorite, and she's way overdue for an Oscar.

I agree about Jennifer Hudson. She was absolutely great in Dreamgirls, but to win an Oscar your fiurst time out, that always puts me off. She was outclassed by every actress in that category. Give her some time to develop as an actress, then give her an Oscar.
Poor advice.