I'd get the light alienware laptop. I can't remember the exact name.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
alienware is more overpriced than vox
Ibanez JTK1 in Butterscotch
Ibanez SAS36FM
Roland Cube40 Chorus
The alienware one I suggested is 849, with a core 2 duo processor (I think). 1 GB ram, 80 gig HD, and some other good stuff. i think it comes with free vista, but I'd save some money and get the XP pro.
Gear...
Get a macbook...apple owns in the recording shit/media category. They are pretty $$$ tho.
Quote by abcdboy
The alienware one I suggested is 849, with a core 2 duo processor (I think). 1 GB ram, 80 gig HD, and some other good stuff. i think it comes with free vista, but I'd save some money and get the XP pro.

came out to 1200, and i really wont be doing any online gaming, ya no?
1200? What'd you do? I'm gonna check it out. And it won't be purely for gaming. When vista actually becomes used, the graphics card will come in handy. And that ram will be good for ll kinds of stuff.

I'd go for vista ultimate. It'll come to 1000 flat.
Gear...
Last edited by abcdboy at Feb 26, 2007,
you want something with at least pentium 4, 2.0 GHZ HT. 1 gig of RAM, 80 gigs of HG space, and a kickass soundblaster live soundcard
My Arsenal

- Epiphone Les Paul Custom, ( GOLD HARDWARE )
- Peavy Valveking 2x12, All Tube
- Behringer V-AMP
- Digi Tech Bad Monkey
- Digi Tech Screamin' Blues
- Boss DS-1 Distortion
the laptop in your link has more than enough cabability for what you want to do plus more. I'd go for it! Dual core rules!! lol

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

._: Gear :_.
1952 Reissue Fender Strat
1962 Reissue Fender Telecaster
Bluerock Double Neck SG
Yamaha Pacifica 112mx
Aria Electro Acoustic
Fender Deluxe 900 Amp
Various Effects
^^^really?
i thought so too, but i figured i'd ask, i got a coupon from costco to get it for $899.
so i might go around noon if no one has anymore suggestions
Oh boy. I checked out the comp in the link and it is pretty good. I'd go for the alienware one though. Way stronger processor. A lot stronger. When building/buying computers, you put the processor ahead of memory in priority.
Gear...