I am looking for a guitar in the $500-$600 price range. I play a lot of heavy metal like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden type stuff. The brand does not matter to me or the shape. I am just looking for a good guitar. Thanks!

EDIT: Here is a guitar I am considering: http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=103814281
MEMBER OF THE UGERS FOR AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE

Member Number 12 of the Iron Maiden are Gods Club. PM Revelations to Join

Sergeant Simmons of the KISS Army: UG Regiment PM Sloopy to join

Member of the "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"
Last edited by Nikki Sixx at Feb 26, 2007,
try a les paul... it's not for everyone, but those who like them, like them a lot. and they can definitely be used for classic metal. You'll get more recommendations for Jacksons, Ibanez, Washburns, etc... but be sure to try a Les Paul before you buy anything.
schecter tempest custom. and if there are stores carrying them the tempest blackjack. thise things are sexy. i would do a little research for you but im in 3rd period=-)
Quote by Nikki Sixx
I am looking for a guitar in the $500-$600 price range. I play a lot of heavy metal like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden type stuff. The brand does not matter to me or the shape. I am just looking for a good guitar. Thanks!

EDIT: Here is a guitar I am considering: http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=103814281

you pretty much have the right idea there. But boht Iron Maiden and Judas Priest used Fender Strats. Maybe you should try out a strat.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
you pretty much have the right idea there. But boht Iron Maiden and Judas Priest used Fender Strats. Maybe you should try out a strat.

maiden still uses strats. i only seen acouple vids where 1 of em (forget which( used an explorer. i think it was the trooper. idk.
Epiphone Limited Edition G400 EMG

Godin Freeway EMG

Both have EMGs and are in your price range.

The Godin is more playable and has better build quality, but has a different tone than the common "Mahogany+EMG".
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ive also been looking for a guitar around that price range and this really helped me i was thinking about getting some kind of V because i can afford to go a lil bit higher than 600 but not much so do you know of any V's around 700-800 dollars?
maiden use strats, all of them equipped with seymour duncan hotrails (humbucker the size of a single coil) and some of them have floyd rose locking trems. I would think maybe a standard strat with a hotrail at the bridge would get you very close to their sound
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp