Well basically, I don't sing but I write. But I wanna write some guitar music for my songs. I can't just write it without having the lyrics recorded, maybe some of you can, but I can't. Anyway, the problem is, I CAN'T sing. I know you'll tell me to just stop being a pussy and sing, but if I do, I'm gonna be put off the song by my voice, therefore never to finish it. Could someone help me with a way I could write guitar music for it without having to record please?

Thanks in advance!~!

~doom
unless you get someone else to sing the words exactly the way you want them sung, you're outta luck. and the fact that you are unwilling to even try to sing them means you won't be able to teach someone in the first place. Just look at the lines you wrote, and try a chord or two. It won't work perfectly right away, but if you just think of what kind of sound you want for the music, you should be able to figure it out eventually.
If you can't write chord progressions then just write melodies with guitar (just simple lead stuff). If you find something that makes you happy, record it/use it. Then just create the chord progression around that melody. Hopefully that method works for you. Another thing, if your not completely tone deaf--just make the melody in your head, and put guitar around that [this is how i always write songs]...Good luck!
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
well i am gonna telll you a trick to compose music for lyrics but first you have to be able to sing . i am a vocalist for a hardrock band and basicallly everytime we write some lyrics we compose music by singing lyrics in different chords and keys and once this is done we take all of the melodies in different chords and put them in one key according to the chords in the key
well key here is ear sense

for instance
try singing "are you ready to leave me"
first sing it in some minor chord without any chord change
then sing it in major chord with alone
then do some alteration everytime and after the whole is done

see in which it sounded better and try to form melody in that

And Plz read the Posting Rules
Hi
Quote by frigginjerk
unless you get someone else to sing the words exactly the way you want them sung, you're outta luck. and the fact that you are unwilling to even try to sing them means you won't be able to teach someone in the first place. Just look at the lines you wrote, and try a chord or two. It won't work perfectly right away, but if you just think of what kind of sound you want for the music, you should be able to figure it out eventually.

Actually I'm just not willing to record it, 'cause I don't wanna hear my own voice. But I'm not embarrissed to sing around other people. Problem is I can't find a singer. And thanks to hellbent to, that kinda helped me...
look if you have wrote a song you know in ur mind how every word has to be pronounced and sing and so that you can get optimal results for your songs you will have to try singing.

well just take aprint out of lyrics of any song which is in your vocal range and try to sing with the song

i well tell you a trick see where in song vocalist breathes and take pauses . it will help u alot
try it 10 times and you will get better result everytime

and there is no shame singing in front of crowd because if you'll ask any1 frm crowd to same they wont be able to do thats the diff. between you and the crowd that makes u go long way
Hi
Quote by abhishek21

for instance
try singing "are you ready to leave me"
first sing it in some minor chord without any chord change
then sing it in major chord with alone
then do some alteration everytime and after the whole is done

I think you mean scales....you cant sing chords, silly
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Quote by HellBent1337
I think you mean scales....you cant sing chords, silly

Hahahahaha

And thanks Ab-whatever the rest of your name is, the last post helped more =]
well what i meant was like first keep on strumming say Em and sing it in it.
then Try Singing While strumming G major , then may be sing in different chords maybe using chord changes etc. and overall what appeals to you sing in that chord progression . find out the key make a gr8 solo and start rocking

well for my above post . i wanted to tell you but i got confused in what i was typing
and name is Andy by the way
Hi